We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next week

Sale
Level Contributor
83 posts
226 reviews
Save Topic
Next week

Well, I am just about ready for my trip, next Wednesday and I have a rough itinerary.

Weds 19th:

Arrive in Moscow and take aeroexpress into Paveletskaya and then onto Comrade Hostel

Once I have checked in, depending on how tired I am, having been travelling since 4.30am, I will probably just wander around Red Square area, trying to get my bearings. Probably have a look at the Kremlin walls.

Thurs 20th:

Lenin Mausoleum

Take Moscow Free Tour

In the afternoon have a walk through Kitay Gorod, including the Old English Court, Epiphany Cathedral and Church of Trinity in Nikitniki

Fri 21st:

St Basils Cathedral

State Historical Museum

GUM

Kremlin Tour

Cathedral of Christ the Saviour

Sat 22nd:

Gulag History Museum

Kazan Cathedral

Novodevichy Monastert/Cemetery

Things may be subject to change but I just wanted to know if this seems like a fairly sensible schedule, to start from. I'm thinking more about giving good tiime to the sights I really want to see, rather than trying to pack too much in and not being able to do these places justice.

Any suggestions/criticisms will be gratefully received.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next week

Only thing to me is if by Kazanski Cathedral you mean the church right on left as you entry Red Square from the north, then I might tend to skip this. While (typically beautifully charming) It is a smallish place, and think you will at this point already have had quite a nice mix of churches you will have visited. If you are not staying nearby, and still want to do this, I would combine with other elements of your plan that will have you in and around Red Square (a lot of what you are planning to see will!)...

I tend to go there from time to time when in Moscow more for the church service itself, but again, it is quite small.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,453 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next week

> It is a smallish place...

It might be worth adding that the current church was built in 1990-1993 (no, there are no typos here). The original church was destroyed in 1936. There used to be a public toilet on that site after that.

Sale
Level Contributor
83 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next week

Thanks guys.

I might skip Kazan Cathedral and do the Retro Cars Museum. That looks like it could be interseting and a bit of fun.

Moscow, Moscow...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Next week

The walks between the different sites are beautiful, so make sure that you grab a map. I really enjoy the walk from red square to Christ the Savior cathedral. If you enjoy parks you may want to check out tsaritsyno on the dark green metro line south of the center.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Next week

Hello

You may visit Red square, Kremlin Cathedrals and GUM in one day - I spent all my life in Moscow and believe this is the best and most beautiful place .

I also like to wonder around Tverskaya street, Bolshoy theatre and Patriarshiy pond - a lot of people, many restraunts, bars and shops.

It is also great fun to taste russian traditional quisine

Have a nice holidays

Edited: 5:38 pm, June 19, 2013
6. Re: Next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 21, 2014