We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on Russia Day

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
98 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Questions on Russia Day

Hello,

I will be in Moscow arriving on June 12 and leaving June 14. Is the tourist sites open on June 13? I heard its Russia Day on the 12th?

Thanks,

Liz

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,028 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions on Russia Day

I am quite sure Red Square and Kremlin will be closed on the 12th...not sure the next few days...also, not sure what other tourist sites you had in mind...i.e. things like museums...

Lipetsk, Russia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions on Russia Day

I'm assure you , no one gonna close the Red Square and Kremlin cause of Russia Day. Rather it would be opposite, and there is suppose to be some kind of entertainments. Sorry fro my eng.

Edited: 2:09 pm, May 17, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions on Russia Day

Really? Last year it was closed June 8-12 rferl.org/content/…24607683.html

No announcements have been made yet by the Federal Protective Service regarding this year's events. But in any case, I believe it will be open on the 13th (TBC).

Edited: 3:14 pm, May 17, 2013
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,028 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions on Russia Day

I had read this information from a Russian site, albeit not Federal Protective Services. As far as i recall watching my Russian news broadcast of this event each year, Red Square has been set up at least for that day for major events...maybe not as closed as for Victory Day, but seemed to be closed enough that one could not wander around, take pictures of St. Basil's, etc. from various perspectives...

Grimsby, England...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions on Russia Day

I'm thinking of going to Moscow on the 6-8th June, but would hate to go all that way and the Kremlin is closed. Is there any way of finding out for certain?

(btw, do you need to book a visit in advance, or can you just turn up on the day. I'm talking about just wandering around inside)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions on Russia Day

The Kremlin museums will be closed June 6, as every Thursday. Most likely be open 7-8, as it was last year. You do not need to book you ticket in advance. http://kreml.ru/en/

Grimsby, England...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions on Russia Day

Thankyou.

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
98 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions on Russia Day

Thanks everyone for your help!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions on Russia Day

I am currently in moscow and the kremlin is closed And will reopen on June 15. I am certain of this. Red Square has been blocked off since June 5 because they were building the stage for all of today's Russia Day events.

10. Re: Questions on Russia Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 14, 2014