We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
475 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

Searching the forum for taxi reservations in Moscow, I only found messages saying it is necessary to have a cell phone to receive the confirmation message. But I could find a company, Welcome Taxi, that allows you book your taxi in English in their website and you did not need to have a cell phone for the confirmation (just let the field blank). They have very good prices and they answer your inquire quickly by email.

I would like to share this information, that was very helpful for me when I visited Moscow.

Cheers!

1. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, May 15, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

<promotion/ advertizing is against TA rules. To be removed.>

What's wrong about someone advising a company based on past experience, provided the person is not affiliated with the company?

Edited: 5:29 am, May 15, 2013
NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

Whoa, Schonefeld, really?! The OP has been helpful with other posts and reviews - perhaps we should give him/her the benefit of the doubt? It's not impossible that this thread might simply be trying to be helpful.

(Not that I know anything about the company in question... But it could be worth a look!)

Edited: 5:35 am, May 15, 2013
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,492 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

<<What's wrong about someone advising a company >>

Just forum rules:

The forums are not platforms for starting a social movement, or areas to advertise your business. Advertising and solicitation are strictly prohibited.

www.tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_forums

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

But how do you know that the OP is affiliated with Welcome Taxi? :(

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

<Just forum rules: The forums are not platforms for starting a social movement, or areas to advertise your business. Advertising and solicitation are strictly prohibited.>

I am confident that your assumption that the OP is affiliated with Welcome Taxi is incorrect, therefore, I believe the OP is NOT in violation of TA rules and is not to be removed.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,492 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

1/ <<I am confident that your assumption that the OP is affiliated with Welcome Taxi is incorrect,>>

HOw could you be?

2/ <<I believe the OP is NOT in violation of TA rules and is not to be removed.>>

Of course, it`s your personal 100% choice, to believe or not to believe. The matter is almost Shakespearean...LOL

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

<Of course, it`s your personal 100% choice, to believe or not to believe. The matter is almost Shakespearean...LOL>

You are right ) This is just my personal and subjective view. How then would you identify someone who is (indirectly) advertising and separate such a person from someone who provides recommendations based on experience? What criteria would you use? Is it even possible?

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

What criteria? Spammer identification 101: click on the username to pull up prior posts. The OP here has many of them, and they're fully consistent with being a genuine traveler to Russia and elsewhere. Advertisers most commonly register, immediately post one or many advertisements, and then are never heard from (under that same use name) again.

So, not spam, and OP, thank you for the tip, which I'm adding to my notes.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Moscow taxi reservations without cell phone

Thanks. This is in line with my thinking.