We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ivan the Great Bell Tower

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
200 posts
439 reviews
Save Topic
Ivan the Great Bell Tower

We want to climb the tower. The website said it was to be closed until April 2013. We are visiting this weekend. Does anyone know if it has reopened for visits?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
509 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ivan the Great Bell Tower

I was in the Kremlin last week. The ticket offices have blacked out the price for climbing the tower. I think it might be closed indefinitely.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ivan the Great Bell Tower

Hard to believe that it has ever been opened for climbing all the way to the top. Harder to believe that's feasible nowadays...

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ivan the Great Bell Tower

Re climbing to the top, I had the same thought - could not believe this would be allowed within Kremlin...I have done this.in several different cities (St. Petersburg and Yaroslavl), but again, for Moscow Kremlin, going to top seems a bit off limits?

4. Re: Ivan the Great Bell Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:51 pm, May 14, 2013
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ivan the Great Bell Tower

Yes, not all the way to the very top. You can only climb 25 meters (out of 81 meters) or 137 step. BTW from 1600 until the beginning of 18th century, it was the tallest building in Rissia.

Обращаем Ваше внимание на то, что высота подъема - 25 метров, количество ступенек - 137.

Дети до 12 лет не допускаются.

Edited: 11:52 pm, May 14, 2013
6. Re: Ivan the Great Bell Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 16, 2014