We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

metro tour. Best stations

london
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Topic
metro tour. Best stations

Hello

I'm aware this is a subjective question. Can someone recommend in their opinion what are their favourite 5 or so stations for various reasons etc

My guide book gives a tour which covers about about 16 stations from Komsomolskaya and ending up at Park Pobey. Sounds like this could be too time consuming

Thanks

Moscow Free Tour
Walking Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Moscow Private Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Mosstreets
Sightseeing Tours
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
509 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: metro tour. Best stations

all stations on the brown ring route are definitely worth a stop.

most stations within the circle are worth seeing as well, particulary Plochad Revolutsi'i (and undoubtedly some others I'm missing right now)

as for the most popular, I guess that award goes to Novoslobodskaya and Komsomolskaya. Although I'm a big fan of Kurskaya as well.

see-you-in-moscow.com/_bl/0/47721536.gif

What was the station again where Stalin gave his 7 November speech during the war? (1941)

Edited: 8:43 am, April 10, 2013
Moscow
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: metro tour. Best stations

Tobias S

It is Mayakovskaya.

s020.radikal.ru/i704/1304/e1/f4c630fd5069.jpg

s018.radikal.ru/i503/1304/93/02349073fe50.jpg

i017.radikal.ru/1304/d0/b1bd33aa64a3.jpg

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: metro tour. Best stations

tripadvisor.com/…47627345

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: metro tour. Best stations

If you're low on time and are going to use the metro for your other sightseeing, you should probably move the metro tour to the end of your stay so that you could only go see those stations you have not seen yet.

Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: metro tour. Best stations

We have worked out to see two, three or four stations at the end of three separate touring days. The metro will be much less crowded in the later evenings. The choices are based on where we will be coming from to make the easiest connections. As Marassa said, the stations we will travel to otherwise we will look at when we are there.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: metro tour. Best stations

All stations inside ring are unique and great. But choose weekend or day time for seeing, otherwise your trip will turn in nightmare. In rush hours metro is terrible and scare.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: metro tour. Best stations

Visiting the metro stations is an absolute must! Moscow really has any city beat in this department.

I like the four stops on the brown line between BELORUSSKAYA and KOMSOMOL’SKAYA, which is convenient if you're taking the Aeroexpress from SVO airport or are going to either train station at those stops. And also the six stops on the dark blue line between PLOSHCHAD’ REVOLYUTSII (where you rub the dog's nose for good luck) and PARTIZANSKAYA, which is convenient if you're going to Izmailovsky market.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,461 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: metro tour. Best stations

Do not miss Mayakovskaya and Novokuznetskaya on the green line. Look up onto the ceiling in both cases! Novokuznetskaya is very crowdy - do visit late in the evening...

london
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: metro tour. Best stations

great thanks. Was thinking of doing it as soon as I arrive in Moscow as I will be getting into town mid afternoon on a Sunday into Paveletskaya so could take the brown line up to Komsomolskaya and start from there. Although I will be carrying a small/medium size backpack

Ive noticed that some stations are grouped with up to four stations which seems strange. I take it you have to exit your station and pay to re-enter another station above ground to get on another line? or are they linked underground?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: metro tour. Best stations

> Ive noticed that some stations are grouped with up to four stations which seems strange

It's not strange - it's how you change lines.

> I take it you have to exit your station and pay to re-enter another station above ground to get on another line?

No.

> or are they linked underground?

Yes.