We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rent a car with driver

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Teplice, Czech...
1 post
Save Topic
rent a car with driver

Hi, we are family 3 adults and 1 child ( 3 years). Our idea is to rent a car with driver in Moscow and to go to Sergijev Posad and Suzdal for 2 days. Does somebody know any Moscow travel agencies or any company who rent car with driver for normal price?

Package cost around 500 USD for 1 person for 2 days, it is not normal:-)

Thank you very much

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rent a car with driver

If you mean pay a driver to drive you back and forth, and literally all around during your 2 days, might I suggest an alternative? That is, perhaps take the train to and from Vladimir quite cheap, and then arrange for local tour firms to take you around, including to and from Suzdal...and also provide guide services?

I did this last year, and paid about $500 total for 2 people...admittedly, did not have to have any translation help...

Again, you will indeed pay thru the nose as we say if you literally want to have a driver with a car be at your full command for 2 days...

Moscow, Russia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rent a car with driver

Hello Tomas,

Probably I can advise you. Could you write exactly step by step details of your trip. When to go to S Posad, how long are you planning to stay there etc. At all depends on.

Best regards

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rent a car with driver

Train is best choice. Ebertsj is a very seasoned Russian traveler and speaks the language. So he knows his way around, and is very experianced. I agree with his suggestions. Driving in Russia is not for the faint of heart to say the least. AIM.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rent a car with driver

So, these folks are not talking about driving themselves, and getting a local driver is not a bad idea...the bad idea to me is having to pay someone to drive you to and from places you can quite easily get to by train.

Having said that, here is what I would suggest...take the commuter train to and from Sergiev Posad...this is a smaller place, and you should be able to do this in half a day (train is only I think 30 minutes or so)...then, you say you want to go to Suzdal...Back to my initial post strongly suggest you make this Vladimir and Suzdal. Here, as stated, catch the train to Vladimir, then hire a local tour company to take you around...including driver...this will take the better part of 2 days...it would be shame to go to Suzdal and not do Vladimir, which is literally on the way. While i would love to have you also see Sergiev Posad, I think most would say if you had to skip this or Vladimir, including logistics, skip Sergiev Posad.

That is my best final suggestion...

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rent a car with driver

we are family 7 adults ). Our idea is to rent a van with driver in Moscow for sight seeing and pick up at the airport on the first day .. Does somebody know any Moscow travel agencies or any company who can manage with driver for normal price?

Thank you very much

6. Re: rent a car with driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, August 08, 2013
Moscow, Russia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: rent a car with driver

try www.rentexpress.ru from RUR4800 for 10 hours

8. Re: rent a car with driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 01, 2014