We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bolshoi Seat Help? Second row balcony? Go pricier?

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bolshoi Seat Help? Second row balcony? Go pricier?

My wife and I are looking to get Bolshoi tickets for Romeo and Juliet that just went on sale in May. Tickets are costly and there's the balance of "I want to be there" versus "how much of a premium do I want to/can I afford to pay for a better experience".

Most of the inexpensive (~$100 or less) tickets are in the second row of the balconies. Looking at pictures, those are just chairs: there's no stadium seating or anything so I think we're talking a fairly bad experience without being able to see anything.

Then you get to $200 for front row of balconies but at that point, I guess you might as well just pay the $250-$300 and sit on the floor (Rows 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, and front row of Amphitheater). Any thoughts?

Also, the seats on the floor are mostly on the edge. Is there a problem with those such a foot traffic or something like that to beware of?

What about something like, if relegated to the upper levels, getting a front row and back row seat- one behind another- so that the two of us could kindof coordinate how we sit to afford each a better view?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,053 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bolshoi Seat Help? Second row balcony? Go pricier?

> HOW DID YOU DO IT?

I also had a huge problem registering. First of all, I was only able to get any emails from them after I temporarily switched off ALL my SPAM filtering completely. Secondly, I discovered that in one of their login forms they either ask for the e-mail address but actually expect your login name or vice versa. Hope this helps!

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bolshoi Seat Help? Second row balcony? Go pricier?

Note...I too tried this just for fun...I got my e-mail fine, with Russian as noted except for actual data, which was in Latin...

BUT...I had a heckuva time because when I gave them my e-mail, my stupid ipad put caps first letter, and while this worked fine for me to get the e-mail, the site (English version) was NOT so forgiving...only after I observed "proper" format of login (exactly as shown on their e-mail) did this work...

13. Re: Bolshoi Seat Help? Second row balcony? Go pricier?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 25, 2014