We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow to Kiev... to fly? or take the train?

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
190 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Moscow to Kiev... to fly? or take the train?

Has anyone taken the Moscow train? Prices seem to be the same for a 1st class coach and a one way flight to Kiev. I guess my basic concern is cleanliness and safety.

I took a train from Prague to Krakow and felt safe but it wasn't the cleanest train in the world. Would Moscow - Kiev be comprable?

moscow
Level Contributor
518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow to Kiev... to fly? or take the train?

Hi, Melba,

Moscow-Kiev train is clean, especially in the 1st class, but since now we have customs and boarders, plane is a better option, to my mind, and faster

Enjoy

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow to Kiev... to fly? or take the train?

I've done both and would fly if money is no object. You'll pay more this way since you have to factor in the cost of taxi from the airport to the center of Moscow and and extra night accomodation. Kiev-Moscow trains, especially the 'firmennyi' one, are nice and clean but IMO better if you are travelling with somebody else to while the time.

3. Re: Moscow to Kiev... to fly? or take the train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, August 12, 2009