We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're Back...

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
We're Back...

Keep fingers crossed, but we may come back to Moscow early June 2013!!!

It may be a 2 week long trip. Last time we saw St Petersburg and Moscow. Can you suggest some destinations for me to consider? This time we are flying out of Moscow, but flexible on the inbound city. Moscow is a must for 3-4 days, but we can see some other cities in Russia, or consider going to Ukraine? Austria? first then enter Russia. Would this cause complications with visas?

Thanks for your advice.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: We're Back...

Haha amatrip, it's good to see you here too :-))))

About Belarus, what I would (did) google is Khatyn, Stalin's Line, Brest maybe...But it will probably be very little tourist infrastructure, so I'm not sure if what I'm suggesting is realistic :-D

Here's some stuff to help get you started ;-)

belarustourist.minsk.by/excursions/khatyn.php

www.belarus.by/en/travel/belarus-life/khatyn

WWII history in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus is very much alive, so you will have no problems learning more about it!

Even in Moscow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poklonnaya_Hill

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: We're Back...

Many thanks to my traveling sisters!

halwimsey, I do like train journey but did overnite ride once only, Munich to Paris. Was not too comfortable, so if I do this in Russia I may have to slurge on the first class. Son goes where I go still. If he and husband behave I will put them up in first class as well..

Rast,great links. It's a bit overwhelming but I will retreat now to do some reading on own. Moscow surely has enough history and monuments to hold my interest for the duration of our stay. That and short trips out to Golden cities may already make it a very full visit.I don't really want to force the issues...too much.

Best,

13. Re: We're Back...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 16, 2013