We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfers

We are going to be staying at the Rus Hotel in December and will be landing at Domodedovo airport, what prices can we expect to pay for taxis? thanks

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

Please read up on this under Top Questions, to right of this page...all options discussed, prices, etc

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

If you prebook a transfer it'll cost about 1600 rub, the official taxi desk costs a little more but as you clear customs at least a dozen taxi drivers will be waiting to pounce with all kinds of offers.

Edited: 1:26 pm, October 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

The bad news is that Rus Hotel is located way out in the boondocks, beyond the Moscow ring road, it will take an eternity to get from there to any place worth getting to. The good news is that the hotel is closer to Domodedovo than to actual Moscow and claims free airport transfers in the Russian language version of their web site.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

They also run shuttles to/from somewhat nearby Metro (every 40 minutes)...but even then, being this far out means about a 30 minute ride a least...

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

For your own safety, please use the official taxi desk at DME. Not a gypsy cab. AIM.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfers

Thanks everyone for your replies, we've decided to use a taxi booked through the hotel itself. We're only staying at Rus for one night as our flight lands late at night, we will then catch the metro to Moscow where our other hotel is. Thanks again,

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfers

None of my business, of course, but why book Rus for one night instead of going straight to your "other hotel" in Moscow proper? I'm sure any half-decent hotel in Moscow will accommodate you at any hour of the night.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfers

Agree with Marassa re: hassling with separate hotel...

Also, maybe more as an FYI for others, every major Moscow airport has an OFFICIAL taxi desk where one can get reliable service (that is, vs. haggling, using so-called "gypsy" taxis). The latter term was tossed out above, but folks may not know what this is...it is basically "free-lance" folks who will accost you as you come through customs offering you the best price for a ride...not unlike any airport in the world, avoid and head to taxi desk...

Note that I am fairly sure you will be whacked for a much higher price having your hotel book for you (my experience is roughly double a "regular" cab fare)...I only say this because you need not worry about getting a safe cab as stated here...

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,583 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfers

> ...not unlike any airport in the world...

Incidentally, when we arrived at JFK recently and reached the line for the taxi, a guy approached us and asked us if we were going to Manhattan. When we said yes he said that line was for Brooklyn only and he would take us to the right line. When he started to lead us away from the line towards some van parked nearby, I started to feel that something was wrong. At this moment the taxi dispatcher appeared, kicked that guy away and told us to get back to the line which was obviously for everybody going anywhere ;)

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfers

JFK is overrun by those taxi scam artists and poor tourists who fall for the scam have been gouged hundreds of dollars. Also legit taxi drivers "forget" to turn on the meter

PS: Actually the last time I was at SVO I didn't see any freelancers around.