We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from St. Petersburg to Moscow to Yaroslavl

Alberta
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Train from St. Petersburg to Moscow to Yaroslavl

I have to get from St. Petersburg to Yaroslavl in the same day (Sept. 6).

I know I could go directly, but the train from St. Petersburg doesn't leave until evening and doesn't arrive until the morning, and that doesn't work for when I have to be there.

I'm looking at taken the Sapsan from St. Petersburg to Moscow which arrives at 11 a.m., and then taking either the 376 Я or 340 Ч from Moscow to Yaroslavl (they leave at 12:30 p.m. and 1:05 p.m.)

Will that work easily? It appears the train stations in Moscow I'd arrive at and depart from are right near each other, but I want to confirm.

Thank you for any and all help.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from St. Petersburg to Moscow to Yaroslavl

Assuming you arrive at the Leningradsky station and depart from Yaroslavsky station this should work - they are right next to each other, and you will still have time for a cup of tea

Alberta
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from St. Petersburg to Moscow to Yaroslavl

I'm under the impression trains between Moscow and St. Petersburg go out and come in at Leningradsky and Moscow/Yaroslavl are at Yaroslavsky.

Thanks for your help.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from St. Petersburg to Moscow to Yaroslavl

Vladchan is right on as usual. When you walk out the front door of your station you will see the other two main stations. 1-2 minutes walk at most. All three stations have what may be called a food court. Good food at good prices for Moscow. Good time to fill up before pulling out to Yaroslavl. AIM.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from St. Petersburg to Moscow to Yaroslavl

Re: 3 stations, yes, there are 3 total stations, but the only ones you care about are Leningradski and Yaroslavski...both, thank goodness, on the same side of a rather large thoroughfare, and literally right next to each other...

The third station is across the street, but irrelevant to this discussion...

5. Re: Train from St. Petersburg to Moscow to Yaroslavl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 04, 2013