We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in Moscow

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best area to stay in Moscow

Hi

I am travelling to Moscow in June, staying for 4 nights, can anyone advise me which is the best area to stay to see the main sights of Moscow.

Thank you

Pam

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best area to stay in Moscow

Re good hotel $200...you wll not find anything at this rate without going out from the center a bit. I would recommend you start with a search on a general web site for Moscow, read reviews there, and then maybe come back here for advice re location, Eric...

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,865 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Best area to stay in Moscow

PS...since you are a family, you may want to consider a rental apartment...you can find quite a bit of information and opinions here at TA...

While admittedly a bit different than a hotel, you get some obvious benefits (likely lower price, more space, cooking facilities, and often hi-speed internet included, and better locations for the $)...that is, much more likely to hit your $200 price point and still be nearer to city center

india
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Best area to stay in Moscow

Thanx Eric.. And if money part apart which would b best hotel location to stay in Moscow

Moscow, Moscow...
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Best area to stay in Moscow

budget is ok can managable

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Best area to stay in Moscow

As close as you can to Red Square.

Zelenograd, Russia
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Best area to stay in Moscow

As Alface said it's better to stay closer to Red Square. There are many low-cost hostels nearby. But I really don't like to stay in hostels, because there is no place to be on my own, you are always with people and that makes you tired of non-stop communication. In Moscow you can find an alternative called anti-hostel. Instead of blank beads there is a personal capsule like in the spacecraft in the Fifth Element movie! It's really fantastic atmosphere! Inside each capsule there are lamps and sockets, so that you can use your mobile or laptop in your private. As for the rest, it is similar to the other hostels but with some more benefits such as free breakfast and dinner and sauna. Oh, it's situated in five minutes on foot from the Kremlin. I can't say it's cheap for usual hostel but it's reasonable: about 30 euros per night.

Limassol, Cyprus
8 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Best area to stay in Moscow

Old Arbat and anywhere within walking distance of Red Square is good. I stayed in Mercure hotel which is very near to Smolyenskaya metro station and in central Moscow

Moscow
Level Contributor
830 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Best area to stay in Moscow

Yes, Mercure Hotel is a good location, you can walk to Red Square from there (20-30 minutes), there many shops and restaurants around - also more places to eat on Novy and Stary Arbat streets which are minutes away, and it's only a few steps away from the metro station Smolenskaya.

29. Re: Best area to stay in Moscow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 22, 2015