We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some Visa Issues

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Some Visa Issues

I'm staying at the Hilton Leningradskaya in late July but am having some problems getting an 'invitation' from them as support for my Visa applications. I have no access to Fax facilities and thier website is inaccessible to me given that the only reference I have for my stay is my Expedia itinerary number which doesnt work.

I was intending to deliver my applications by hand to the VFS Global offices in London who have been dealing with such applications since February but cannot find out whether they can arrange this for me. Thier website helpdesk email address is invalid and thier phone line is premium rate and so I dont fancy talking to thier taped robots for 10 minutes at £1.50 per minute before getting through to a human operative!

If I get my Visa processed by Intourist travel agency in London the Visa costs jump from £75 to £125 all for the sake of this missing 'invitation' which is rather galling to say the least.

Can anyone advise me what to do as I must have my online forms submitted to VFS before the 19th of June.

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
Hilton Moscow...
2,465 Reviews
Moscow, Russia
London
London
England, UK
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,938 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Some Visa Issues

Der foxbat25,

Your story really moved me....I always wondered why people WANT to go to Russia......

Intourist are bunch of thieves, for sure. Have you checked this?

visatorussia.com/russianvisa.nsf/tourist_vis…

This is 100% real thing supported by Russian Embassy in London. Check their site too...

http://london.rusembassy.org/

Hope it will help...

-----------

As it could be some comfort to you I can tell a story how much HUMILIATION (moral, not monetary) and embarrassment a single Russian MUST undertake if he/she fancies to visit UK as a tourist.... You would not believe me in a million years!

Mentioned in this post
Russia
Russia
Europe
London
London
England, UK
Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
336 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Some Visa Issues

Got my Visa situation sorted out thanks to the assistance everyone has given me on the forum and will be collecting them tomorrow in person from VFS in London.

5 weeks to go and counting .....!!!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Some Visa Issues

I had the same issue and we booked via Expedia. The hotel said that they could not help us with the invitation letter and Expedia was absolutely no help.

I finally found an agency in New York that charged $36/per person to email us the invitation letter. I'm planning on personally going to the Russian consulate in New York and getting our visas so hopefully they will accept these letters and we'll be on our way!

Good luck and have a wonderful trip. We leave first week of September.

Mentioned in this post
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
14. Re: Some Visa Issues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:44 am, December 13, 2009