We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petrovka Loft - recommendations?

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Petrovka Loft - recommendations?

We are in Moscow this july for 2 nights. Location looks great but is this hotel suitable for a couple in their fifties or is it more of a young backpackers hotel. (We will have been travelling Europe for 3 months so the budget is very tight?)

Does anyone have any other suggestions as I am not overly keen on sharing a bathroom

Many thanks

RickyChamp
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petrovka Loft - recommendations?

Was staying 2 nights over Christmas and thought the standards were really decent for the price. The bathrooms are actually much more secure and private than expected. I would recommend especially for the steal of a price not to mention location and set up.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petrovka Loft - recommendations?

I would second that recommendation, having just stayed there myself. Didn't seem like a backpackers' place - most people looked like business travellers. Bathroom 'pods' (as the hotel calls them) are very private - it doesn't feel like sharing a bathroom. Only bad point was that it was on the third floor, with no escalator.

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petrovka Loft - recommendations?

Its certainly not a backpacker place. I stayed there on business and it looked like a mix of business travellers and tourists of all ages who don't want to spend a fortune on a central location.

As long as you are happy using stairs (no elevator) and can put up with the shared bathroom areas (which i didn't find to be a problem since it is split into private cabins), then i would certainly recommend.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petrovka Loft - recommendations?

I am due to stay at the Petrovka Loft for a week next month. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips regarding getting between Domodedovo airport and the Loft, or indeed any advice about the immediate vicinity, (eg. local shops/services...I'm especially thinking food shops as I'm going to be on a real budget!) Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks all!

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petrovka Loft - recommendations?

I stayed at the Loft last time I was in Moscow. I always take the train from the airport to Paveletskaya (about 5 pounds) and then the metro from Paveletskaya to Teatralnaya (2 or 3 stops and less than 50p). It's then about a 5-10 minute walk from the metro to the Loft up Petrovka.

6. Re: Petrovka Loft - recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, October 08, 2009