We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow

UAE
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Moscow

Hi

I am going to a seminar in Moscow for 10 days in Early Sep and was wondering if there are any other visitors who would like to meet up. This is my first time and I do no know what to expect but have heard plenty of horror stories about Moscow, hope they are not true.

Cheers.

Moscow
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow

What horror stories do You meen? Everytime when You visit some place you haven`t ever been, You can expect some discomfort anf may be become little scare, but most of all your mares usually far-fetched. Moscow is not exception, thereby everywhere may exist something that is unfriendly for You.

With best regards,

Grishnak.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow

Any advice on the nightlife in Moscow? Thinking of coming around third week of November....

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow

Moscow is a very interesting and vibrant city, and I imagine you will meet people to sightsee with in your seminar. We were in Russia recently, just our family, no tour... and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. And we are a middle aged couple with kids, not "adventure" travellers. We felt that the guidebooks tend to exagerate the difficulty of travel in Russia. However, you should use ordinary big city caution, use a money belt, and probably not rent a car to sightsee outside of Moscow (get a car with a driver).

chesta
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow

Horror stories??? I've heard plenty of most of the places I visited. Sometimes we may feel embarassed or uncomfortable , sometimes is just a different of way of life or the language that is different.

The most horrible thing that I saw in Moscow is that all the labels and street signs are not in english . Guys, for the first time in my life I got lost trying to understand their writing.

If you travel without your partner visit one of their discos: GREAT

Enjoy your time in Moscow.