We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kremlin- guided tours vs. audio guide, Armory tickets

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kremlin- guided tours vs. audio guide, Armory tickets

Seeing the Kremlin complex seems to involve a few separate tours - the architectural complex, the armory, and the diamond fund. Has anyone toured the complex with the rented audio guide? The cost of the guided tours could add up quickly, so I'm wondering if the handset with the recorded info is a good option.

Also, how hard is it to get into the Armory Museum? They start selling tickets 90 minutes before each session with only four session per day. Do they sell out quickly? I will be there May 19-23.

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kremlin- guided tours vs. audio guide, Armory tickets

Considering audio guides I've had such an experience and I found it informative but to me it can not compare to a person, I mean a guide. Of course it is all about a personality, I often bring my family and friends to Moscow and I've had few unsuccessful experiences with booking crappy guides but finally have found a very nice guide (if interested can give you her mail). So I believe audio guide is an option but not the best.

AS for the entrance tickets to the Armory, that might be a problem. especially when you come in May as it will be crowded with tourists. As far as I remember there is always a huge line of visitors with the tickets trying to get in for the fixed session and those who don't have tickets usually wait for the crowd to enter and after that might buy them. And I remember that you can buy something like an hour before the session but I'm not sure if it works in summer with such an enormous tourist flood. We didn't have such a problem as we'd arranged everything through the agency.

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kremlin- guided tours vs. audio guide, Armory tickets

To get to the Armoury for sure - try to come at 9.00 to the Borovitsky gate from which is the nearest to the Armoury; they start admission about 9.30 - and the museum box office is the best for the last minute deal (better than the alternative - near the Trinity gate) to enter at 10.00. Remeber that Thursday is a day off; the Diamond fund is a separate museum - in the same building.

3. Re: Kremlin- guided tours vs. audio guide, Armory tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 24, 2009