We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bolshoi Ballet - View from 3rd Gallery

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
55 reviews
Bolshoi Ballet - View from 3rd Gallery

Hello, does anyone know what the view from the 3rd gallery at the Bolshoi is like? Would love to go but would like to know about the view as these are the tickets we can afford. Thanks so much.

5 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
253 reviews
1. Re: Bolshoi Ballet - View from 3rd Gallery

Opera or ballet?

Centre or side boxes?

Last but not least - you don't play basketball, by any chance? In the latter case any seat will do :))

Seriously - look up visibility plan on the theatre's site + the photos here on TA, it's with this thought I am taking pictures there, you know.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
51 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Bolshoi Ballet - View from 3rd Gallery

Hi it's for the ballet. Side boxes.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
253 reviews
3. Re: Bolshoi Ballet - View from 3rd Gallery

Well, side boxes have only one row, you have some chance.

I was once in box 5, I think, could see only the opposite half of the stage. But that was Don Carlo, I was quite happy just listening.

Moscow
Level Contributor
454 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Bolshoi Ballet - View from 3rd Gallery

apart from 10 seats in the very center, even if in the first row, the third gallery is in the 5th visibility range out of 6, which is 30% limitation of the stage view.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
253 reviews
5. Re: Bolshoi Ballet - View from 3rd Gallery

I had once seat 35, row 1, tier 3, left side - great view.

There is another consideration:

If it's a highly classical ballet with symmetric lines, you need to be in the centre;

For Grigorovich productions I prefer to sit as close to the stage as possible, like box 3 - 4, because you need to see the faces.

Reply to: Bolshoi Ballet - View from 3rd Gallery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted