We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomadation in Moscow

Dublin
2 posts
Save Topic
Accomadation in Moscow

Hiya

I am going to be in Moscow on the 02nd June for 3 nights, trying to find central accomadation near the metro and the sights that won't break the bank.. hmm is this impossible.. so far it looks to be narrowed down to The Cosmos Hotel and the Izmailovo Gamma Delta Hotel, has anyone stayed at these.. I know they have got mixed reviews. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks Alana

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,202 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomadation in Moscow

The IGD is near the largest flea market in europe (according to a TV show I just saw). It is really a great place to visit. You may also want to look into renting an apartment, although for 3 days it may be not worth it. We rented from Peace Travel.

Northamptonshire, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomadation in Moscow

Greetings,

By coincidence I have stayed at both the Delta and the Cosmos hotels. Yes, there is a huge market just opposite the Delta, but the standards in the Cosmos are so much better I would recommend staying there. I had problems in Delta finding anyone who could speak english, but not so at the Cosmos. I was going to make some more comparisons, but suffice to say that the Cosmos is a much better venue.

I hope you enjoy your trip, I loved the city to bits.

Regards,

Rodge.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
336 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomadation in Moscow

I have stayed at both hotels more than once.

Izmailovo is a huge complex of five skyscrapers built for Moscow olympics. The metro station Partisanskaya (Izmailovo park in older maps) is just 100 meters from the hotel but very far from Red Square.

Kosmos is closer but not near city centre. I agree that this hotel is the bettter in quality.

Guessing your budget while you mention these two hotels, I would recommend you to search for hostels (with private room) or even better for a flat. You will find both hostels and flats for on-line booking if you search the net.

Dublin
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomadation in Moscow

Thanks for your replies, We have opted for Cosmos Hotel, can't wait to get to Russia. We are on a budget so this hotel suited us.

5. Re: Accomadation in Moscow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 31, 2009