We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Belgrade?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Belgrade?

Now that the Bucharest to Belgrade train has been cancelled, we have bought a train to Timisoara. What is the best way to get to Belgrade? Is there a direct bus? Thanks in advance.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

That's great help, we'll book that part of the journey then!

A couple of other quick questions:

1. we're getting a bus from belgrade to vrsac and then will go on to timisoara. I know there is a 6.20pm train but do you know if there if there is a bus option?

2. is the vrsac train station easy to get to from the bus station?

thanks

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

1. I vaguely heard there's also one bus per day from Vrsac to Timisoara but I don't know about its schedule (or if it even actually exists).

2. As far as I know the bus station is relatively far from the train station.

But the bus passes near the train station when it enters Vrsac, maybe you could ask the driver to drop you off then.

Or take the railways special transfer bus (leaving from Belgrade at 15.55) which will take you directly to the train station.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

We managed to get the bus driver to drop us off at Vrsac train station so it all went pretty smoothly.

Thanks again for the advice!

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

Hi!

How much does it cost a bus from Vrsac to Belgrade? You just pay "onboard" ?:)

and only in dinars?

Mikkeli
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

Hi, there are 2 train connections from Timisoara to Belgrad. Yesterday we travelled that trip: 7.30 train leaves Timosoara Nord. At 8.52 you are in Vrsac, after passport controller you have to change train.

At 9.40 train leaves Vrsac and 11.30 it is in Belgrad DUnav station. I bought ticket from Timisoara :adult ticket 11e, kids half price.

At afternoon leaves another train.

Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

Is there a direct train from vrsac to belgrade?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

There are four direct trains from Vrsac to Belgrade: at 5.15, 9.40, 13.50 and 18.00.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

hello i know its a bit after this subject but does anybody know if the vrsac to belgrade bus still runs?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

There are buses from Vrsac to Belgrade at least once every hour between 5.55 and 21.35 .

20. Re: Bus to Belgrade?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Timisoara