We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I Be Into Trouble If...

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Will I Be Into Trouble If...

Upon checking out at Tirgu Mures (Romania) airport, I hv some instant / canned food or beverages in my baggage ? Will the airport staff confiscate them?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I Be Into Trouble If...

No, there shouldn't be any problems when you check out. Ar most there might be some issues when you check in for the flight to Targu Mures (at Budapest airport), so carry these foods/beverages in the checked baggage (not as hand luggage).

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I Be Into Trouble If...

Thank you so much alterme :)

New York City
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I Be Into Trouble If...

I have a long lost friend in this town. Could any of you describe what it is like? My friend may meet me in Bucharest but talks of her home town alot. Just wondering what it might be like to a westerner like me. See picture.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I Be Into Trouble If...

There are other more interesting cities in Transylvania, but you could definitely spend some time in Targu Mures if you have a friend there.

The city is reasonably large (about 150000 people) so it has enough accommodations, restaurants, bars etc., the downtown is pleasant enough, there are major tourist attractions within one-three hours drive to the south (the historical places in southern Transylvania) and east (several spa resorts) and it has an airport (with daily flights from Bucharest and Budapest).

You won't encounter any racist problems.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will I Be Into Trouble If...

Thank you!

6. Re: Will I Be Into Trouble If...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 17, 2011