We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wizzair...Are they still a good, dependable airline to use?

Which Cluj-Napoca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Wizzair...Are they still a good, dependable airline to use?

I haven't used Wizzair in a few years. I need to book a flight this summer from Cluj to Dortmund or Milan. I did not have a problem when I flew with them in the past...I just want to make sure this hasn't changed.

Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wizzair...Are they still a good, dependable airline to use?

(read above post) I forgot to mention, I can also use an airline named "TAROM". I never heard of Tarom, but that flight would be an easier one to catch. Experiences?

Breb, Romania
Level Contributor
538 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wizzair...Are they still a good, dependable airline to use?

Why do you think they are no good anymore? Anyway, never had any troubles with Wizz. Tarom is the national airline of Romania. They are good, but it is no low cost company, so it will be more expensive than Wizz.

Matthijs

Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wizzair...Are they still a good, dependable airline to use?

Tarom and Wizzair both go to Germany, where we plan to continue our vacation. So, it's either Tarom from Bucharest to Stuttgart, Germany or Wizzair from Cluj Napoca to Dortmund.

Since we are traveling to Transylvania and want to go to the Heidelberg area of Germany. I am thinking the Tarom flight may be more simple?

Philadelphia Area
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wizzair...Are they still a good, dependable airline to use?

WOW, you weren't kidding. I just checked the cost of the Tarom flight from Bucharest. Yikes, was that expensive! I am totally sticking with Wizzair! Hands down!

I'm glad that Wizzair has not changed. Years ago, I loved a budget Italian airline and they went out of business. When I used them they were great. Then they started canceling flights, having delays, eventually shutting down. So, that's why I was a little nervous about Wizzair. I feel 100% better now. Thanks!!!

Bucharest, Romania
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wizzair...Are they still a good, dependable airline to use?

Hi there and happy new Year to all,

Wizzair it is a low cost airline as mentioned #2, it still has good rates and a good name, they started new destinations and they still keep up the good job. Definitely recommended!

Breb, Romania
Level Contributor
538 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wizzair...Are they still a good, dependable airline to use?

Yes, Cluj-Dortmund is a good flight to do with Wizz. I've done this trip several times with them, no complaints about it! In summer Wizz is also not that cheap so try to book as soon as possible.

Matthijs

7. Re: Wizzair...Are they still a good, dependable airline to use?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cluj-Napoca