We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

Which Iloilo City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

The trip via Cokaliong Shipping to Cebu was a pleasant and relaxing experiance. The ship departed promptly at 7pm via the Fort San Pedro pier/terminal and arrived ahead of schecule at 7am, one hour ahead of schedule.

The ship was very clean and well maintained. We stayed in a 2 person suite for P 2,000. Economy class consists of open group bunks in either open air or enclosed ac rooms for P600-P700 per person. Our steward was prompt in ensuring everything we needed (beddings and such) we given right away.

There is not much in the way of food aboard. Just a snack bar with bachoy nooodles in a plastic bowl, cookies, crackers and some shopao. There are cold drinks availible along with beer and coffee.

I highly recommend bringing your own food and beverages because thir snackbar is very limited and pricey (water P25 and SMB P50 in a can for example).

Porters are limited and I recommend you travel ligh.

Otherwise a pleasant trip I would recommend and don't compare Cokaling to Trans Asia lines because these folks are in a class way above them.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

Thankyou for your report.

Are you saying Cokaliong is better than Trans Asia on this route?

I have not travelled Cebu to IloIlo City but have travelled with both Cokaliong and Trans Asia on several other routes. Transasia in my experience is the better operator.

Regards: Jim

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,780 posts
1,978 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

When I recently travelled from Surigao to cebu City overnight on Cokaliong, it used the better of its two ships that ply the route. Like the OP, I had a pelasant trip in the only one of the four suites with a double bed.

There were about 110 passengers, way short of capacity, but quite a lot of freight. Unlike the domestic airlines, who cancelled flights the day following due to 'weather', the ship was reliable, arriving Cebu City early after its roughly 10 hour run. Seas were calm.

Edited: 6:26 am, June 01, 2011
Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

Hi Jim, this was my first trip with Cokaliong and I too took a 2 person suite with my wife. The entire ship was spotless and the stewards very helpful. The cabin was a little small, but the queensize bed was comfortable and it was nice to have an remote ac for the cabin and tv of our own. The main lounge looked like it was the inside of a hotel with couches and very comfortable chairs. I can say for my experiances that Cokaline outdid Transasia in my own opinion. If your planning a trip to Iloilo this ship is the way to go. My wife and I are planning a Manila/Subic trip next month and I want to go via Cocaliong to see if that ship was as good as the one to Cebu.

One of the resturants I fond in Cebu was Hondurao Pizza. If your a fan of stateside NE style this is one place not to miss. I did the write up yesterday and will post pictures soon.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

Thankyou!

My plan is a trip to Boracay where the first leg would be to IloIlo City by boat. Because of my past experiences with Transasia, I would have travelled with them but you make the trip on Cokaliong sound quite nice.

Last time I went to Boracay, the boat travelled to Dumaguit. The ship had suite rooms with a king size bed and a private balcony at the front of the ship. Then a separate first class lounge area with bar and a separate first class dining room. Unfortunately, there is no boat running that route anymore.

Regards: JIm

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

The ship will dock at Fort San Pedro downtown and it's about a 15 min cabride to the Bus terminal in Leganese. Roughly a 4 hour tip to Aklan/Boracay from Ilo.

Paul

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

Thankyou for the additional info. Are you saying there is a Fort San Pedro in IloIlo City?

Because Cokaliong Dock at Pier 1 in Cebu City. That is right next to Fort San Pedro. So the ship travels from Fort San Pedro to Fort San Pedro!

Anyway, here is a Cokaliong Ship that I travelled on recently. The Filipinas Cebu. It was better than Fipinas Dapitan which I travelled on between Surigao City and Cebu. I just looked on the schedule for Iloilo and realised this is what you would have sailed on. Unfortunately, I forgot to film the first class lounge area which I remember was very nice.

youtube.com/user/jimsibbick#p/u/5/KAmFSqfzyjw

Here is an old video of Trans Asia. I have travelled on 3 different Transia Ships but they have all been very similar in configuration.

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/videos/asia…

(Copy and paste as it won't be clickable)

Regards; Jim

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

Hi Jim, yes it docks at Fort San Pedro Downtown. The exit is right next to the drive in resturant. Be careful if arriving at night becuse it's a bad area outside the port area.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

Thankyou!

Stevenage, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

Hey,

We are thinking of taking the ferry from Iloilo to cebu and it all looks really good thanks for your information. only problem is that when we looked on the website we could only see times and schedules for Cebu to iloilo not back again. any idea why that may be?

any help would be great.

Thanks

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Iloilo to Cebu via Cokaliong shipping.

schedule.ph/companies/Cokaliong-Shipping-Lin… schedule.ph/boat/…Cebu-City-Pier-1

Get answers to your questions about Iloilo City