We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Iloilo Airport, Where to Go???

Level Contributor
821 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
From Iloilo Airport, Where to Go???

I will be arriving at the iloilo airport then planning to proceed to Guimaras. Would like to ask what transportation mode should I take from the airport to the pier going to Guimaras? how long is the travel? would you also know what tourist spots in Iloilo i shouldn't miss to see and visit?

what about beach resorts in guimaras? which is the best please..thanks

Tramore, Ireland
Level Contributor
138 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Iloilo Airport, Where to Go???

Not sure about transport you might have to take a taxi from the airport to the pier, don't know if a Jeepney runs there.

Tourist spots in Iloilo you will find a large list here

I'd recomend going to some towns outside the city like Guimbal, there's Racsos Woddland and Garin Farm (zoo like places) and Maig-Ao famous for it's magnificant Church, which is also on the world heritage list. A little more of an adventure go to the town of Igbaras and then head up Mount Napulak to Nadsadjan Falls (you might need a guide... and depending on the weather)

In Guimeras lots of beach resorts, I been on one near Jordan but can't remember the name, but if your looking to go a little further, look up Costa Aguada, it's on it's own island off teh coast of Guimaras... but on the other side from where the peir is where you get off coming from Iloilo.... think it was a 30-45mins drive across Guimaras and a 20mins boat ride to Costa Aguada.

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Iloilo Airport, Where to Go???

Get a taxi from the airport to Ortiz Peir.It should be around 500pesos (more than that is a rip-off)and depends on the traffic should last 30 minutes.

Check Alubihud beach resort In Nueva Valencia or the island resort of Nagarao.

Level Contributor
821 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Iloilo Airport, Where to Go???

are there jeepneys or buses the ply the airport-downtown route? taxis would be very expensive for my limited budget... i know iloilo airport is very far from downtown

Level Contributor
43 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Iloilo Airport, Where to Go???

I just did this trip in a taxi and got charged 300. Its a good bit out.

Also if anyone is going to Guimeras I recommend a tricycle driver who is very honest and wont overcharge, I got a day trip with him around the island. He is also recommended in Lonely Planet guide book pg 307. Richard Caro +639206360970.

Edited: 5:52 pm, January 14, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Iloilo Airport, Where to Go???

Thanks for your great advice and comments on this thread.

It has really helped me out!

6. Re: From Iloilo Airport, Where to Go???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 23, 2010
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor