We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Regency Suites Lapu Lapu

Which Lapu Lapu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,627 posts
1,573 reviews
Save Topic
Crown Regency Suites Lapu Lapu

Does anyone know anything about the following resort:

Crown Regency Suites

Maximo Patalinhug Avenue

Lapu Lapu, Cebu

I know its not on the beach but does anyone know how far from the beach it is. Are there any restaurants around or convenience stores about. I know its only a few kms from the airport. Also about 30 mins from Cebu City.

Its a 3 bedroom vila and the only timeshare exchange I have available in Lapu Lapu with Interval International.The other option is a 2 bedroom in Crown Regency Hotel and Towers Cebu City.

Many Thanks

Tommo

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown Regency Suites Lapu Lapu

not stayed there but in lapu lapu. there are a few restaurants around (quite a good chinese one) and reasonable shopping. we shopped there a few times.

cebu central has a nice area but pretty sterile. wasn't really impressed but the fort, food etc are great.

you are in the middle of no-where in lapu lapu IMO. well not exactly no-where. My advice - don't do it. hey mactan beaches are pretty good.

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown Regency Suites Lapu Lapu

Hello,

This place is located very close to Basak. It on the main road just past the bridge. Its what I would call all by itself. Its kindly for me a rose in a garden of daisy's. If you know what i mean. You have mepz 2 just a few kilometers on one side, and then local roadside stands and shops, small nighclubs, gentlemen,s clubs one the other side. It one of the hotels you dont hear alot about. At least from what I have heard.

I have passed it many times, and been inside it once. It is very nice, very fancy decor. Its villa's are located directly beside the main entrance. Its all gated and very enclosed. They are all very nice building from what I can see. It reminds you of a small subdivision. Have not heard alot of people say anything about it... I can just tell you it looks very nice and high class.

I will tell you from years of experience in that area. Its somewhere you would not want to walk much at night. Now I am not saying its a very bad place. But like i said, its actually located right in the middle of all local places. I travel this area a lot. I am known here so I dont have trouble. But for a tourist, I would feel comfortable to say, I would not make it a habit of walking up and down the streets in this area at night....

They are not many restaurants or convenience stores located within walking distance. You can go down about one kilometer to the mepz 2 entrance and you will find Rose Pharamcay, and Orange Brutus, and lot of small mini mall type stores. Very busy, and lots of people. Its at the entrance of Mepz 2 industrial complex... Traffic is a nighmare at shift changes. You can go to Pusok, which is on the other main road, not far. They have lot of restaurants, Mc Donalds, clubs, bars, another Gusinao Grand Mall, also Savemore shopping center with large grocery and mini mall. Lot of great restaurants here also. More high end type. You are also close to the Yacht Club, which has some good restaurants.

You can go another few kilometers towards marigondon and you will find a brand new Gusiano Grand Mall. Just recently opened.

Its only about 10 to 15 minutes from the beach. Beaches are all on the other side of the island... You can make it to all the beach areas by taxi for about 100 peso. This part of the island is where you will find all tourist activities. Mactan Shrine, Dinner with Cultural Shows, Beaches, Guitar Factory, Water Sports, All the beach resorts, ect.....

You already mentioned its about 30 minutes from the City. Cost for taxi will be about 220 to 250 peso going to the city...

They is one more time share place i know of here. ITs call EGI. It has time share units, but not sure if its involved with Interval International. It is located on ocean front. Newly renovated with two new units. Its not a 5 star place, but nice also.. Has very small beach. I think its overpriced myself, but might be worth looking at also....

They are lots of other apartments, long term stays here. If interested i can give you some links for those....

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298461-d138566…

Sorry I dont have more information about the Crown Regency in Mactan. I dont know any information about the one in Cebu City. I do have this link.

http://www.crownregencyhotels.com/index.php

If you need any more details, just let me know....

So if you are planning to live in one of the villa's. I would expect that if you go out, you will always have to take a transport to get anywhere with major needs. Like i said you could walk to the entrance of Mepz 2 and probally get small needs. Otherwise expect to transport 10 minutes or so to get somewhere. Lot of tri bikes in this area also. If you like those.

One more thing. If you enjoy mixing with locals, seeing local shops, lifestyles, you would like to walk around this areas. Dont see alot of tourist in this area. Mostly at night for the clubs. But would be great during the daytime to walk around and expereince the local eatery's, and shops along the roads....

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown Regency Suites Lapu Lapu

It is not walking distance to the beach if that is what you are thinking. The shoreline that is walking distance is taken up with shipping, industry, squatters and the bases of the 2 bridges crossing over to Mandaue City.

It is close to some dining and some night life plus it is walking distance, for me anyway, to the Gaisano Mall. Probably take me about 15 minutes.

Generally speaking, if you want to spend time at a beach on Mactan island, you have to pay to use the facilities of a resort. The most popular resort with expats in Cebu City is Tambuli. It is about 9km from Crown Regency to Tambuli.

With no other consideration but location, I would choose to stay at Crown Regency Towers near Fuente Osmena in Cebu City. There are way more daytime and night life activities in Cebu City. If you want the beach, you can still catch a taxi to Tambuli.

Regards: Jim

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown Regency Suites Lapu Lapu

I also would like to add that if you like to have a peaceful and a little bit quite place for your vacation, I could say that Crown Regency Suites Mactan is a wise choice. But if you would like to have a Rock 'N' Roll place with city night life, then Crown Regency Suite Hotel & Towers is good for you.

The thrill to Cebu's Sky Rides and attractions at the world’s first Edge Coaster and the country’s first & only Sky Walk Extreme; or transport yourself to a world of surprise at the 4D theater is located exactly on that same building.

Enjoy your Cebu Adventure !

Edited: 8:26 pm, April 06, 2010
5. Re: Crown Regency Suites Lapu Lapu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, October 04, 2010