We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plantation Bay Resort

Key Largo, FL
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Plantation Bay Resort

Love our stay in Plantation Bay. Highly recommended for family with young kids. The No tipping policy is great. We had the room with the lagoon side and certainly enjoyed the quick beach access. Very relaxing..but do not expect a busy night life. Good place to unwind from a long plane ride.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
356 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plantation Bay Resort

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of going to the resort in end of April 2008 from Taipei. My daughter is 14...any tips you can give me...I don't even know if I need a visa...I have been traveling around the world and have some extra time in Taipei...I am from fl too!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,945 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plantation Bay Resort

Hello Keylargo Traveller

Recently, other pople wanted to know about getting to and from the resort. What transport arrangements are in place for getting around in the day time and the night time?

Regards: Jim

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,945 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plantation Bay Resort

Hello Teacherfl

I can tell you about the visa

USA citizens are granted a 21 day visa waiver on arrival in the Philippines. If you want to stay longer, you can do so by attending the Bureau of Immigration and arranging an extension. The nearest one from Mactan island is on P. Burgos Street near the Mandaue City Hospital. It is about 20 minutes or so by taxi from Plantation Bay, depending on traffic.

You can read more here:

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/visas.htm

When you have nothing better to do, take your 14 yo daughter to the fun centre at the bottom level of SM mall in Cebu City. They have bump cars and video games. SM Mall has cheap airconditioned cinemas too.

A place I am sure she would like to visit is Kawasan Falls. This can be done as a day trip from Plantation Bay. See my "To Kawasan Falls" video on this page of my website:

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/videos2.htm

You can also do a tour of Cebu City. Click on this link for some tour ideas:

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/cebu_tour.h…

My last suggestion is you take a day trip to Bohol or go to Bohol for a few days. Read my Bohol trip report here:

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/blog/?p=26

I am not sure if this will be helpful for a 14 year old but you could read it anyway. It relates to how I spent time with my 8 year old daughter when she visited me from Australia.

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/blog/?p=33

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Key Largo, FL
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plantation Bay Resort

Plantation Bay have their own car / shuttle service guest can use to go out exploring the city however just tell the front desk to get you a taxi. It will cost you around 200 pesos one way to go to SM mall. Taxi drivers that will pick you up from the resort will not use the taxi meter but just haggle with them. The taxis you get from the mall to the resort are fair with their prices since they use meters. I like the Ayala mall since it is also close to Water front hotel. If possible, ask the taxi for a metered drive.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,945 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plantation Bay Resort

Thankyou

Did you travel at night? What was you experience with taxis going to and from Plantation bay then?

Regards: Jim

Key Largo, FL
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plantation Bay Resort

For safety, it is always advisable to travel during daylight. Cebu is considered a safe place BUT never put your guard down when you are outside the resorts.

When using a taxi service, always have peso change ( 20's) since the driver will always tell you that he does not have any change .

7. Re: Plantation Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 24, 2009