We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu's 'bests': one opinion

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
1,995 reviews
Save Topic
Cebu's 'bests': one opinion

The 'Philippine Daily Inquirer' is an excellent newspaper and the most widely read in Philippines.

In its Saturday 2 August edition it has published a (subjective) list of 'Cebu's best.' See if you agree with the author:

…inquirer.net/167400/from-seafood-to-nightca…

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu's 'bests': one opinion

The writer sounds like she is advertising her own blog.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,182 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu's 'bests': one opinion

Certainly some of the most expensive places anyway and I will not be going to any of the recommended places to compare them with my favourites.

By the way, the Inquirer is a Manila newspaper. In Cebu, you will mostly be reading the Cebu daily news or the Freeman

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
238 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu's 'bests': one opinion

Yup, all expensive places.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu's 'bests': one opinion

I've been to 9 of the declared 12 placez. Of the 9, only 3 i would say is very good. The others i do not agree with the writer. And again, the writer sounds like some form of advertising, for a particular group/chain that has mixed ratings here in TA.

5. Re: Cebu's 'bests': one opinion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 04, 2015