We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach and hotel in cebu but near whale shark

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
91 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Beach and hotel in cebu but near whale shark

Hi. Please can someone help me.

I am flying into manila at 5pm and was planning to heading to Cebu to do the whale shark swimming.

However, I am keen on staying at a beautiful beach. Can someone help me find a good beach but which is yet close to do swiming with the whale sharks.

I was planning on taking a flight to Puerto Princesa after the whale shark swimming at Oslob. And then spending a few days at El Nido.

Our aim on this trip is to enjoy the beaches and sights ..but certainly do the whale sharks and dolphins if possible.

Thanks

Kanteli

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach and hotel in cebu but near whale shark

the only high end beach resort to oslob's whale shark is this, which is an exclusive island nearby.

http://www.bluewatersumilon.com.ph/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1237081-d11231…

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
91 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach and hotel in cebu but near whale shark

Thank you, Sumilon does look like fun. But there is a ferry ride involved after the flight.

That wont work for us. I am looking at something, a cab ride away from the airport.

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach and hotel in cebu but near whale shark

I don't think you have much choice.

Sumilon is the best you can get.

nr manchester...
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach and hotel in cebu but near whale shark

To the whale sharks at Oslob from Cebu city it's a 3-4 hour taxi ride. You will spend 30 minutes swimming with the whale sharks so in theory you can get there and back in the day but it will cost you P5000+ and you will spend a long time in a taxi. Alternatively you could get the fast ferry down to Dumaguete book into a hotel(take your pick)get the 20 minute ferry over to Oslob in the morning,see the whale sharks,ferry back to DG then catch late ferry back to Cebu city.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
91 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach and hotel in cebu but near whale shark

Thanks for all the help. We are staying at abaca hotel and do the whale sharks from there.

6. Re: Beach and hotel in cebu but near whale shark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 07, 2015