We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

Dear fellow globetrotters,

I have one entire day (12th Aug) to spend on Bohol and have a few things in mind I'm dying to see. The best option would probably be booking a tour, but I wanna explore Bohol on a budget unless you know a great affordable tour you can recommend. Most tours include a lot of stops I'm not particularly interested in (butterfly observatory, Blood Compact Site, etc.), but these are the attractions I'd love to see:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2gt5l3n.jpg

- Chocolate Hills

- Baclayon Church

- Tarsier

- Loboc River (by day if possible or around sunset, so I can take photos in day- and dim light)

- Sipadan/Sipatan hanging bridge

1.) Am I better off with booking a tour?

2.) Or is it cheaper to hire a private driver?

3.) Most tour packages cover admission fees (cruise, etc.) - would I save a lot by getting my tickets by joining a tour?

4.) What about just flagging down a cab from wherever I am and wherever I wanna go?

5.) Or public transport?

6.) Will there be a lot of tour guides waiting for tourists at the ferry harbor and can you negotiate prices with them? Does it take lots of luck to get a customized private tour?

7.) What's a good time to arrive to Bohol and when is it best to leave at night?

8.) Best place to have dinner at? Something like a farm or would I have to go to Tagbilaran?

These are a ton of questions and more will probably come up when I read your answers, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Safe travels from Germany,

A.

Edited: 10:34 am, May 28, 2013
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

yes a lot of questions -day tour by car can cost approx. 2000-2500 peso ,for day tour -since ferry takes 2 hrs each way ,best to get first ferry like 5-6am and then last ferry back around 5pm ,wouldn't be possible to do loboc at sunset if you take ferry at 5pm , there is Bohol bee farm

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,987 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

Forget about taxis. I would suggest that you book a tour with Bohol Travel Buddy which is highly recommended here by many TA members to tailor fit what you want.

For restaurant I recommend Bohol Bee Farm.

Fast ferries and flights in and out of Bohol are from morning until late afternoon only.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

no flight from Bohol to cebu

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

If you dont mind riding a motorcycle, this is by far the least expensive and in my opinion most fun way of seeing Bohol, and doing so in your own time frame, having total control over what you see and when.

Not for everyone I understand, motorcycles can be rented for 500php or less in Tagbiliran or Alona beach

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

If you do not want to ride a bike yourself, then hire a driver and car.

Bohol Travel Buddy is recommended here. You can customized the trip and the price quoted is based on 8 hours trip within the Western Bohol and Panglao area.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

Try calling this number +639205278264 when you get to Phils.

Name is Danny. He is a local tricycle driver and can refer you to a private car - his in-law I believe. He helped me the two times I was in Bohol. Car rental is between 2000-3000 which is not so bad really because you get to tell the person where you wanna go.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,903 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

I also recommend Bohol Travel Buddy who gets many recommendations on this forum.

Tommo

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions.

I hear about renting a motorcycle ocassionally and have a few questions regarding that matter:

- What about the driving license? I have a national and an international one, but do I need to apply for anything else.

- How easy is finding my way round on Bohol. Consider I've never been there before and I've never ridden a motorcycle before.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,903 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

To be honest if you can afford the cost hire a private driver and plan your own itinerary.

I wouldnt recommend hiring a motorcycle for someone not experienced in riding nor familiar with the area. Depending on which attractions you choose the distance can be quite far.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 Pax Daytrip to Bohol

I would suggest to hire a driver and a car to bring you around.

As mentioned above, the distance between 2 sites can be pretty far. Why drive when you can be driven?

Get answers to your questions about Cebu City