We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

My husband will be unable to make it to the Philippines with me and our 7 and almost 5 y.o. boys. I need a driver who will take us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob on Feb. 11, stay the night (I will pay for a hotel room) and help with the kids during the whale shark snorkeling experience on Feb. 12, and then drive us back to Cebu on Feb. 12 (maybe stopping at the waterfall on the way).

I need someone who is very trustworthy, good with children and who can swim well, as that person will be helping me in the open ocean. Any recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
Dongguan, China
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

What an effecient service !

Thanks

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Mousehunt, please see my original question on this thread. He drove us down one day, I paid for 2 rooms at the Malonzo Pension House in Oslob, we swam with the whale sharks first thing in the morning and he drove us back to Cebu. He drove us there and back, but over 2 days. Hope that makes sense!

Mentioned in this post
Malonzo Pension House
Malonzo Pension House
238 Reviews
Cebu Island, Philippines
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Andrea,

Oh. So you paid P4000. I thought you paid P3000.

;)

Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,774 posts
2,125 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

1000Php is for the drivers accomodation??Rates are very good.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Maybe I will consider bringing my kids to Oslob since this is the only way to guarantee to see a whale shark in the sea though domesticated one.

Mentioned in this post
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Yes, I paid 4000. You can pay 3000 if you can go there and back in a day (I think the rate would apply even if you left very early--say 3AM). The extra 1000 was for the inconvenience of having to wait there overnight. I paid for the hotel room for the driver as well, but think the driver slept in the car, as the hotel refunded me a large portion of the money I paid for the second room when I checked out. The hotel rates were also relatively inexpensive, by the way--maybe $40 USD per night for a room.

Our kids (and I) absolutely loved it--yes, there are some ecological issues and I believe that things will become more restrictive in the future and more in line with other places where you can see whale sharks. On the other hand, the villagers are clearly quite poor and made the decision to go with somehing that bears some resemblance to ecotourism as opposed to, say, finning the sharks for cash.

47. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 12, 2014