We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

My husband will be unable to make it to the Philippines with me and our 7 and almost 5 y.o. boys. I need a driver who will take us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob on Feb. 11, stay the night (I will pay for a hotel room) and help with the kids during the whale shark snorkeling experience on Feb. 12, and then drive us back to Cebu on Feb. 12 (maybe stopping at the waterfall on the way).

I need someone who is very trustworthy, good with children and who can swim well, as that person will be helping me in the open ocean. Any recommendations?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Try Danny.

cebutaxiservice.com/reliable_cebu_taxi_drive…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,014 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Didn't one other thread recently say that Danny Noy was not answering either telephone calls or emails?

I know, however, that tommomelbourne speaks highly of Cebu Taxi Service.

Benicia, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

FYI, you may not be able to swim with such small kids. Pls check ahead so that you don't waste the trip.

Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

I dont know how old these children are but in these video they are enjoying

there whale shark encounter at Tan-awan fishing village Oslob, Cebu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT2sHGx9jF8

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Outside of sumilon resort, the other places around oslob's whaleshark are all very basic rooms. One option is to leave cebu city on or before 5am and you will be in oslob by 8am. By 10am you should be ready to leave. Kawasan falls is another 1.5hours .

The first time i went to oslob, jericho brought our group there. He provides transport and is a tour guide. If you are interested to email jericho, pm me. Jericho can verify if your kids can swim with the whalesharks based on their age.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Thanks so much for the advice/suggestions!

Al22tec, I will PM you.

7. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, January 24, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,722 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Avoid the above recommendation as it breaches TA rules.Stick to legitimate recommendations.

The post will probably be removed.

Tommo

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Thanks Tommo.

FYI for anyone who wants to do this trip with children, I heard back from Jericho, and he says that a 4 (5 in a month) and 7 y.o. can go (obviously, it is better if they are good swimmers/comfortable in the water, which mine are).

I am collecting quotes now (thanks again for the recommendations) and will try to report back after the fact with how the trip went.

Regards!

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I need someone who will drive us from Cebu to Tan-awan Oslob

Hi Andrea. Its great you've contacted Jericho. I just arrived from Oslob today, went there for an excursion together with our sales staff. My 3rd time to Oslob. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask about the children, so it is nice to hear that Jericho answered your question.

Edited: 7:13 am, January 25, 2013