We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo
Level Contributor
91 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

Hello,

my old laptop, 13 or 14 inches big, fitted into hotelroom safes last time I was in Cebu city. Now I am preparing for another trip, and my old laptop has almost died on me. What size laptops do you fit in your hotellroom safe when you got to Cebu city?

Regards,

Dan

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

why not just get the same size as before

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,135 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

hotels have different size safes if your lucky to be in a hotel with a safe at all :-) why not get a lap top lock.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,147 posts
1,509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

I put my laptop under padlock in my suitcase and havent had any problems travelling all over Asia. I never walk around with my laptop as you may become a target.

Make sure you have good travel insurance just in case.

Tommo

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

There is no standardized size for hotel room safes. To be on the safe side though, avoid buying a large size laptop!

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

a lot of safes are too small for my laptop which is 13 inch - ridiculous, especially when staying at more expensive hotels...

canberra
Level Contributor
328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

We always just leave our laptop in our bag and close the bag, no lock. Never had a problem. Don't waste your money on insurance.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,147 posts
1,509 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

That is pretty irresponsible advice not to have travel insurance.

If you need to be hospitalised due to an accident or illness overseas, get sick before you travel and have paid for your trip incl airfares hotels etc, loose luggage during transit to name a few situations when the insurance will come in handy.

It doesnt cost a lot and will give you peace of mind.

Tommo

canberra
Level Contributor
328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

Of course you are right Tommo. It was a throw away line. Personally we have never used insurance and some people we know also elect not to insure. But I do not recommend this especially if your finances are insufficient to cover medical emergencies. Hospital bills can be horrendous in the Philippines.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,135 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

most people have insurance from home that will cover them and everyone should have some insurance, but I agree to start to buy insurance for lost bags, laptops etc. can get expensive. Health is needed and even American Express has a cheap policy. I would never buy flight insurance as my preference. All the local airlines try to get you to buy insurance as well, forget that.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,147 posts
1,509 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What laptop fits in hotelroom safes?

Standard travel insurance here in Australia covers all I listed for one price, isnt expensive and only a fraction of the cost of your holiday.

Luckily with my credit card provider if I spend more than A$500 on my holiday the travel insurance is free.

Tommo