We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute holiday to Cebu

Leeds, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Last minute holiday to Cebu

Hey guys and girls!!

I know this is short notice but several friends and I have decided to go on a last minute two week break to Cebu on the 23/9. We have booked flights but not yet booked accommodation, we're not sure if a rented villa/condos or hotel would suit us more so any advice on that would be helpful. I was wondering if renting a car or minibus would be necessary or are taxis and public transport cheap enough and reliable? Any advice or recommendations on food, restaurants, beaches and shopping malls would be most helpful too. Once in Cebu I would love to travel around and see other parts of the Philippines too, what other areas are worth a visit and are flights to Manila cheap? Any advice on anything to do with cebu/Philippines would be great, I know I can research most of this myself but we'll be going so soon and I have so much to sort out in so little time, I'm not being lazy...... I promise!!

Must see's and must do's in Cebu?

Must don'ts? ( manners and cultural differences)

Best restaurants & bars?

Things to avoid?

Just absolutely any info on Cebu and surrounding areas please

Hope everybody has a great day and happy traveling to all you travelers!! Alan :)

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Last minute holiday to Cebu

Can anyone confirm is Kawasan Falls are open to the public at this time?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Last minute holiday to Cebu

According to my knowledge in the other thread, the answer is yes.

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Last minute holiday to Cebu

Start your search here:

http://ilovephilippines.ph/

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Last minute holiday to Cebu

Kawasan was closed for renovation a month or 2 ago but not sure if it's already open. Try the beaches up north instead - Bantayan or Malapascua.

15. Re: Last minute holiday to Cebu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 24, 2013