We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxed club / disco in Cebu city?

Oslo
Level Contributor
116 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Relaxed club / disco in Cebu city?

Hello,

I have now read loads on this forum and others to spot the correct club / bar for my taste, but I am still a little unsure. Too many people seem to be out to party hard, that is not for me. I am searching for a place that has music (preferably live music), but at a volume where you can talk to people. The price level is not as important as finding a relaxing placed with good atmosphere. If you can order good food there as well it is a plus. Dancing could also be fun.

I like most kinds of music from country to metal, but have a problem with house, rave and jazz.

Do you guys have any personal favorites?

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Relaxed club / disco in Cebu city?

You might like MO2 then, its got live bands (playing the latest pop), you can sit down and eat/drink and there is also a disco attached. Its located near SM shopping mall and its a lot of fun on the weekends. This link has got a video of the place to give u a better idea if you might like it.

beyondcebu.com/cebu-bars-night-life/mo2-rest…

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relaxed club / disco in Cebu city?

@Expresstrip,

...Last time I was in MO2 it was a madhouse. He wants a place where he can talk to other people without yelling. The only place that I have been in Cebu that has that requirement is the bar at the groundfloor of Maxwell Hotel in Escario. But then there wasnt dancing there. So I dont think it works as well.

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
The Maxwell Hotel
The Maxwell Hotel
114 Reviews
Cebu Island, Philippines
Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Relaxed club / disco in Cebu city?

I found it ok if you sit back in the main building, as its all open the noise wasn't too bad, or maybe ive been in the Philippines too long and just got used to noise!

Mentioned in this post
Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Relaxed club / disco in Cebu city?

...I am Pinay but I need earplugs when I sleep. So maybe it is me. :)

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,172 posts
625 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Relaxed club / disco in Cebu city?

Marco Polo hotel has a live band in the lobby. I am not sure about dancing though.

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Marco
Cafe Marco
240 Reviews
Cebu Island, Philippines
6. Re: Relaxed club / disco in Cebu city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 11, 2013