We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cebu

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
cebu

Flying to Cebu in Feb from the uk with my hubby, any ideas which area to stay in to maybe relax on a beach and sightsee for 2 or 3 days before moving on (we've got about 16 days in total). Thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cebu

A resort on Mactan island.

Shangri La is the best in my opinion.

Regards: Jim

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cebu

Thanks a lot Big Jim, sounds gorgeous but it's over our budget. I'd say 150 dollars a night is our MAX budget. Are there any nice beach areas with accom. where we can have a wander out at night for beers and food & watching the world go by? How many nights do you recommend in Cebu before moving on to Bohol, Siqijor etc and then pobably Boracay?

Thanks for your help. Jo

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cebu

Choose out something from here then

asiatravel.com/en-us/…cebu.html

I have never stayed in a resort on Mactan Island but I have visited a few. I liked the look of Maribago Blue Water.

Generally speaking, the resorts are isolated but there are a few places near Maribag Blue Water.

All the best entertainment is in Cebu City.

If you want to experienece everything to do with Metro Cebu, you will need several years. Just to have a glimpse of Metro Cebu, take a couple of days.

Regards: Jim

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cebu

Hi I have been to Cebu lots of times. Mactan is where the beaches are, I have visited many of the hotels here and all are very nice. I prefer though to stop in the city as the hotels are cheaper about 50% less and you can then have the shopping, nightlife which is always good in the hotels with live bands and singers, they all have nice swimming pools too and the taxi is so cheap you can visit the hotels on mactan during the day. It's about £15 one way and 30 min drive. Cebu is a great city and wonderful to visit, the people here are the most amazing people you will ever meet. If you want any help with where to stop let me know exactly what you want from your trip and I will help.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cebu

15 pound? thats over 1000 peso for 30 mins?-even in manila from airport to city is as low as 200-300 peso

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cebu

£15 is properly slightly over the cost but always depends which hotel in the centre you go from and where in mactan you end up either way, it is still cheaper to have the option of stopping in Cebu, and the hotels are much better value too. Taxis are not much in Cebu is all I was trying to say compared to the uk and Europe.

sydney
Level Contributor
389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cebu

Suggest:

3 nights Cebu - google accom. mactan island

3 nights Bohol - google panglao island/alona beach

3-4 nights Siquijor etc - google Siquijor/???

5 nights Borocay - google borocay

tripadvisor.com and other websites have many accom. reviews

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cebu

Thanks very much everyone. We booked marigabo for a couple of nights. I like the sound of the above itinery, then we'll have a night in Cebu city before flying home again.

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
19 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cebu

Thanks very much everyone. We booked marigabo for a couple of nights. I like the sound of the above itinery, then we'll have a night in Cebu city before flying home again.

Manila, Philippines
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cebu

# For only P1,600 on a Cebu-Mactan Twin City Day Tour + Buffet Lunch (P2,800 Value), Check this : dealstent.com/live/deal/281/Cebu-Mactan-Twin…

Stops include:

Casa Gorordo

Taoist Temple

Fort San Pedro Basilica Del Minore De Sto. Nino

Magellan’s Cross

Plantation Bay Beach

Lapu-Lapu Monument

Mactan Shrine

Cebu Heritage Monument

Cebu Cathedral

Cebu Souvenir Shop

Yukilili and Guitar Factory