We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of this Taxi

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of this Taxi

Crown Regency Fuente,

I stayed at your hotel last July 16 to 19 at room 1704. Upon check out I asked your concierge to flag a large taxi as we have a lot of luggage. We needed to go to Mactan International airport. Your staff was able to get us a large taxi right away. They loaded all of our luggage and we were on our way. Upon out of the vicinity of the hotel the driver did not turn on the meter and instead started asking firmly to charge us 400 pesos going to the airport. As I did not want to haggle and he leave me no choice but to accept as I have my family with two small children at the back and lots of luggage. As much as I wanted to get off but with the luggage I had and with two small kids I had no choice but to accept it. On our way he was very arrogant and started asking very personal information which I was very uncomfortable in answering but again I had no choice and did not want to be confrontational. Half way to the airport he started asking for cash advance as he said he needed the money for gas. He ask me for 300 pesos at the gas station. Again, I had no choice but to agree. Upon reaching close to the airport there was a check point. Before arriving at the check point he then turned on his meter for a few seconds only to turn it back off after passing the check point. I was able to get his license plate and also a picture of him so that I can forward this horrible experience to proper authority. I am now outside the country and would like you to forward this information to whoever is in charge of this situation from happening again to your other guest.

Date of the incident July 19 around 9:30 AM

License plate no.GXD-786

White Innova

LTFRB TX-07091569

3 Mojeres name on the door outside

I have a picture of the driver if needed

Older man in his 50's

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of this Taxi

this isnt a forum for crown regency fuente hotel -its for all of cebu and for travellers who will go there ,im not too sure what ur complaining about 400 peso? wep aid 600 last march from airport to hotel on mactan island,so the taxi driver wasnt so nice -most taxidriver ask questions -if u dont want to answer then thats ur choice.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,170 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of this Taxi

Yes, you paid way too much! I would guess about double what it would have cost on the meter at 9.30am

You should make your complaint to the LTO

www.facebook.com/pages/LTO-7/152160278147527…

http://www.lto.gov.ph/

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,174 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of this Taxi

If you want the management of Crown Regency to know about your complaint you can email, call or write them directly --> www.crownregencyhotels.com/hotel/contact.php

4. Re: Beware of this Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 09, 2012