We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu City to Lapu-Lapu City

Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Cebu City to Lapu-Lapu City

Are there any public transportation from Cebu City to Lapu Lapu City?

I plan to visit Portofino Beach Resort in Barrio Angasil Mactan Island Lapu Lapu City.I'm staying in Cebu City.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,583 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu City to Lapu-Lapu City

Yes, there is public transport to Lapu Lapu City. You can catch a jeepney there.

Howeever, only the address is Lapu Lapu City.

According to my map, it is about 7 kilometres from the centre of Lapu Lapu City to Portofino.

My suggestion is you go by taxi. Expect to pay about P200 from the centre of Cebu City, in a standard white taxi, in normal traffic. You may have to pay a bit more if they have upgraded their meter and can charge the new higher rates just introduced this week. You will also have to pay more in heavy traffic.

Regards: JIm Sibbick

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu City to Lapu-Lapu City

You will have two options for Public Transportation, not including Taxi..

First Option - V Hire - ( Van ) Go to SM Mall or Ayala Mall in Cebu City.. Go to the V Hire Terminal.. Find the V Hire going to Mepz 1, Lapu Lapu.. not Opon, not Camella.. Those will take you out of the way.... Take the Mepz 1, for Lapu Lapu... The fare will be P 25 peso, and they leave very frequently... Then Next, from Mepz 1, you take Multi Cab going to Maribago - Soong.. They are many of these also.. Ask someone which one it is.. They will be happy to help.. Fare will be P 9

While on the way to Soong, tell the driver you want off at Eskina Angasil... When you arrive there, they are no multi cab or Motorized Tri Cycle going down the road to Porto Fino.. You will have to choose Tri Bike, Pedal Style.. or a Habal - Habal ( A single motor in which you can ride on back.)

Fare will be P 20

Second Option - Multi Cab the Entire Way....

Find a Multi Cab going to Mandaue, You can find the routes going to Mandaue at Mango Ave, Fuente, Jones, Osmena Blvd, up to Colon Streets.

Ride the Multi Cab to Mandaue, you will get off at Highway Mandaue.. Fare P 15... From Mandaue you will find Multi Cab going from Mandaue to Soong... Fare will be P 15... Then follow the statement above about stopping at Eskina Angasil...

Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu City to Lapu-Lapu City

Thanks expat!it It will be exciting to try commuting w/ option 1.Taxi could be an easy choice but I want to experience something different as in "blend with the locals!"Going back to Cebu City if I leave Portifino by 6pm would I have problem commuting back to Cebu City?Meaning availability of public tanspo at night to Cebu City.

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu City to Lapu-Lapu City

No, you will have no problem.. Just reverse the directions i gave you.. They are plenty of transportation at that time...

5. Re: Cebu City to Lapu-Lapu City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, January 22, 2012