We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott any good?

Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marriott any good?

I am also looking for a nice not so priced hotel in Cebu. I have in mind Cebu City Marriott Hotel but do not know if it is in one of the best areas in Cebu? Is it a happenning area with shops, clubs etc? Has any one stayed there? What do you think?

quezon city...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott any good?

I dont think its a nice hotel....Waterfront is the best.....Or Palladium with the Fuente Osmena

Singapore
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott any good?

I've stayed at Marriott for 3 nights last Dec and found the location really good. It's just next to Ayala, which was one of the biggest and most modern shopping mall. In fact, Marriott is linked to Ayala by a sheltered passage way. Hence, u can actually go back to your room to drop down your shopping bags anytime. There's also a bus terminal at Ayala if u want to save on your transport. It's good value for money. However, I don't remember any pubs or clubs or nightlife around the vicinity. It's pretty quiet at night after 9 or 10pm.

Philippines
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott any good?

Marriott is a good hotel, I had stayed there many times fronting the Ayala Center, where there are lots of fastfoods and restaurants. It's also a few minutes to SM Mall via taxi.

Singapore
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott any good?

I made a mistake earlier... the sheltered passage way doesn't extend all the way to Ayala. But all u need is just a slow 5 mins walk through a park from Marriott to Ayala.

Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott any good?

thanx all I will be booking that hotel. Ta again

Cebu
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott any good?

The Marriot is fine, but perhaps a little expensive around US$80-90 this time of year.

An cheaper alternative I can recommend is the Golden Peak Hotel.

It is within a few minutes walk of Ayala Mall, located on the corner of Escario Street and Gororodo Avenue.

It is very clean, convenient, and centrally located. They have Harry's Platter, a decent restaurant inside, and have room service until 11pm. Additionally, there are two all-u-can-eat restaurants within walking distance of the Golden Peak, back down Gorordo Avenue (One on either side of the road). Go out the front door of the Golden Peak, turn left. At the corner, turn left again. They will charge you to bring outside food into the hotel, even if they do not sell that item, for example, pizza.

They do not offer a pool however.

Currently, the rate is fromPhp 1,800.