We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

Baikal
3 posts
Save Topic
Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

Hello everyone ! Would really appriciate Cebu experts recommendation on the beach hotel (bungalow type with childrens pool), clean sandy beach and comfortable entrance to the sea. Probably on Mactan. Thank you in advance !

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
2,079 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

Zenit, among repeat visitors who have been more than once, Cebu would not be renowned as the best beach destination - far from it.

However a number of the resorts are probably good for families.

I have stayed at Cebu White Sands recntly. Read my review.

While I have not stayed at the others, it appears that Plantation Bay, Hilton and Shangri-La may all be suitable for families, even if young children come along.

Naturally the younger the child the more important that a wading pool is available, so check each hotel's facilities carefully. Hilton recently had a '2-for-1' (nights) offer online at www.hilton.com: I have not checked to see if it is still available. www.asiatravel is a good site offering some reasonable rates.

There is the option of good hotels in Cebu City: the Parklane, the Marco Polo and my personal favourite Crown Regency on Fuente Osmena may be suitable if you change your mind and do not want beach access.

TA is not a 'nanny state' site, so I'll be brief, but in Australia each year over summer (December - February) we have drownings of young children when parents who have swimming pools at home turn their back for a short time. So watch those littelies!

Baikal
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

victorialand, thank you a lot for the useful info. After surfing the net realized that Cebu is really not a top destination for beach holidays in the Phillies. But we are going to Phillies from Hongkong beginning of January and the direct flights are only available from HK to Manila or Cebu. Any extra long transfers are difficult with kids and we are trying to avoid it. That is why we are looking good beach options there on Cebu. By the way would BOHOL be a beeter choice ?

Thanks again !

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,185 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

Yes, Bohol is a much better choice!

It is anly about 90 minutes by fast ferry from Cebu City to Tagbilaran Bohol.

Regards; Jim

4. Re: Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:53 pm, December 24, 2009
Bohol Island...
Level Contributor
181 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

hi, I think Panglao Island Nature Resort in Bohol would suit your needs. there's the nice beach which doesn't go too deep for your kids and really nice pool.

www.panglaoisland.com/

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

Mactan Island holds some of the best beach resorts in The Philippines. I would reccommend Tambuli, not so crowded and very nice and affordable.

Mactan also has a new Water Park. With slides and kiddy pool. The Imperial Palace. Very expensive, but the water park offers a lot for the children to do. Mactan Island is really growing and becoming a meca for tourist in the resort areas. Bohol is also very nice, but the crowds of tourist that visit also makes harder to enjoy. Especially with children. My suggestion would be to stay on Mactan Island, day a day tour to Bohol.

Cebu
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

VIRGIN BEACH RESORT, Malbago, Daanbantayan, Cebu is a great place for families with kids. they have a swimming pool with children's area and tho the beach is not so nice, their upper beach has lots of sand for making sand castles. cottages have kitchenettes and you can cook your own meals.

8. Re: Best choice of beach hotel for family stay with little kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, June 27, 2010