We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do US citizen need visa to the Philippines?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Do US citizen need visa to the Philippines?

Hello everybody,

I need urgent information.

1.Do US citizen need visa to the Philippines. I'll travel in 2 days. I'm going on a holiday and I'll stay for 31 days. I thought I don't need visa however I've been reading conflicting information on different sites.

2.Is it safe to travel at this time, we're 2 women. I was really happy until I read some crazy reports. I hope somebody will answer me soon. Thank you.

Deb

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do US citizen need visa to the Philippines?

Hello Deb

From my experience it`s unlikely that you would get rained in...more than likely say rain for a couple of hours if that then it clears & away you go.

Jamie

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Do US citizen need visa to the Philippines?

Wonderful, I hope you're right about the weather! Can't wait tomorrow we're leaving. I'm really exited. I hope we have a nice time.

Any suggestions on things do, places to see in Puerto Galera? Thank you again.

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Do US citizen need visa to the Philippines?

I am curious to a reply by Big Jim that an visa vaiver extension can be obtained upon arrival at the airport. I had not heard of this before. I would really like my next visit in the 24 to 25 day range but had pretty much decided that I did not want to mail my passport to obtain an extension here in the States and since I will not have ready access to obtain an extension when in the Philippines I had pretty much decided to stay with the 21 days. Would there be any problems in getting the extension at the airport while clearing imigrations.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Do US citizen need visa to the Philippines?

Hi everyone,

the link to the Phil Immigration Bureau might be helpful:

immigration.gov.ph//index.php…

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,532 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Do US citizen need visa to the Philippines?

I am curious to a reply by Big Jim that an visa vaiver extension can be obtained upon arrival at the airport. I had not heard of this before. I would really like my next visit in the 24 to 25 day range but had pretty much decided that I did not want to mail my passport to obtain an extension here in the States and since I will not have ready access to obtain an extension when in the Philippines I had pretty much decided to stay with the 21 days..................... Would there be any problems in getting the extension at the airport while clearing imigrations.

------------------

Yes. The whole system could be cancelled anytime. I believe it may have already been cancelled and reinstated once in the last few months.

Regards; Jim

16. Re: Do US citizen need visa to the Philippines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, October 07, 2009