We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to cebu this feb2,2008

manila
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
first time to cebu this feb2,2008

hey kindly help me this is my first time going to cebu.i'll be arriving around 12noon via cebu pacific and leave the next day at 10am going to bohol...what are things or places i must see in a short span of time? kindly give me some itineraries? and fares i may encounter or pay? and your recommended hotel to stay, a bit cheap but good room? and kinda near to pier because i'll be going to bohol the following day and what ferry i should ride and how much?

California
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to cebu this feb2,2008

Hello win23win,

Here is the answer to your questions. After reading this 1 page bohol info, I am sure you know where to go and what to do and how much would it cost you.

http://www.mingsworld.org/boholtour.htm

MustangRacer

Manila
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to cebu this feb2,2008

Hi win23win,

I suggest that the first thing you do after checking into your hotel is arrange your ferry trip from Cebu to Bohol. There are usually some offices or travel agencies that help you with this in the malls at Cebu (like SM City or Ayala Center). You could also do this at the pier on the day of your departure but I don't recommend leaving it til the last minute. I also suggest taking the faster ferries (OceanJet or SuperCat) which will take you to Bohol in about an hour and a half.

Last week, I went to Bohol from Cebu and back and the ferry ride was a little over 500 pesos. This is because OceanJet has a promo -- you could get a free ride back to your destination as long as you make the trip back within a week. Just check their website for more info.

As for the places to see in Cebu, it really depends on what you're interested in. If you like history, I suggest making the trip to see Magellan's Cross. If you just feel like chilling, there are lots of bars and restaurants around the city.

All in all, Cebu feels like a smaller version of Manila though traffic there is muuuuch better. With the few hours you have, take the time to go around and get a feel of the city -- whether you decide to visit historic sites or just enjoy the city vibe.

Have fun!

Ina

ronnie222
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to cebu this feb2,2008

Hi win23win,

Please update us on your trip. I am planning a trip to Cebu in March.

Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to cebu this feb2,2008

Hi Win, You are doing the right thing by going to Bohol. There is nothing to see or do in Cebu unless you like looking at some boring old Magdillans Cross. The only other things to do in Cebu are if yoiu book into one of the very expensive beach resorts on Mactan Island, this is the ONLY way you are going to get anywhere near a beach. The Philippines are supposed to be full of nice beaches and they are, but they are all privately owned and you have to pay a fortune to use them. You don't have time to go to Kawasan, that's a shame. When you go to Bohol you will find that it's full of free public beaches, like Alona beach which is big, clean and no one is constantly HOUNDING you to rent something. Motor bike rental is a must here and it's cheap at about 300 pesos per day. You can go and see the Chocolate hills and follow the Loboc river. I would not bother with the Bohol tour unless you like boring churches, statues and a river ride where you will be eaten by fly's. Tagbiliran city is okay, it's fairly small but comming up to date fast and there are nowhere near as many beggers constantly pestering you, like in Cebu. If you want a good package deal, look up a place called "Hope Homes", you get a great fully furnished room in a cottage and includes motorbike rental for 1,300 a night. Good luck.

5. Re: first time to cebu this feb2,2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:57 am, April 28, 2008
6. Re: first time to cebu this feb2,2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, September 24, 2009