We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kindly recommend good resort hotel

Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kindly recommend good resort hotel

Dear Friends,

I will be in Cebu from Aug 10-12, i am looking for a resort type hotel. I checked the internet and saw shangri-la's and maribago too expensive. My range is 2-3k a night......I'm wary of too expensive hotels - it may not be value for money just like the reviews I got from forums.

Appreciate your suggestions, thanks.

Moonflower

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,583 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kindly recommend good resort hotel

Hello ChinaM

Those are two of the best places to stay.

There are too many Japanese and Korean tourists driving up prices around Cebu City so I don't think you will get resort style accommodation for your price.

Regards; Jim

Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kindly recommend good resort hotel

Thanks Big Jim, that's an assurance somehow. Have a great day.

Compostela
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kindly recommend good resort hotel

Stay just out of the town. In clean air and on the beach. We are located in Compostela.

About 25 km from the Mactan airport. New beach resort with low montly and daily rates and restaurant services. Good traffic connections to Cebu City and other parts of Philippines.

Pls check www.waterviewcebu.com

Picture gallery on: www.friendster.com/user.php?uid=47875374

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
533 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kindly recommend good resort hotel

hi. I agree with Bigjim, but there are other resorts on mactan that might probably fit your budget but not the "atmosphere". you might want to check DOT website and Philippine Star. (I think the local residents rate for Shang Mactan hovers around 8k with taxes)

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
533 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kindly recommend good resort hotel

Sorry, forgot to add. you might want to consider bantayan ( or malapascua) for a different kind of holiday (within your budget). great beaches and reasonably priced rooms (both are 2-3 hours from Cebu)

Enjoy

6. Re: Kindly recommend good resort hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 07, 2009