We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel closest to SM Mall Cebu City?

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel closest to SM Mall Cebu City?

Can anybody tell me which hotel is closest, preferrably walking distance, to the SM Mall in Cebu? We will be there on the 26th of July 2007 to participate in the Sun Star Superbalita 9-Ball Tournament and leave on the 29th.

Also would like to know where the seashell bodegas are. I would like to purchase some Mother-of-Pearl shells again. I was there in Cebu 5 years ago and bought some back then but cannot remember where these bodegas are located.

Any help will be appreciated.

EC Reyes

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel closest to SM Mall Cebu City?

Hello

I don't know what bodegas are so I can't tell you where to go directly. However, SM department store in SM Mall has many shell pasalabong items. What you need may be there. Also, next to the Lapu Lapu monument on Mactan Island are many shell vendors selling all sorts of shell items. You could try there too!

I am not aware of any accommodation very close to SM Mall. The closest that I can recommend with confidence is Kiwi Lodge on Joaquino Street. It is about 600 metre walk to SM Mall. However, everywhere is close by taxi in Cebu City. Let me know what your budget is and I will make some other suggestions.

Regards: Jim

Manila
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel closest to SM Mall Cebu City?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. What I meant by bodega, or rather referring to as bodegas, are the guys that wholesale in seashells. I was there a few years back and stayed with the Yaps of Robinson Industries. Their driver took me to a street there that had all the warehouses that specialized in unprocessed shells, just imported or bought from thee fisermen that collect the shells. These unprocessed (unpolished) shells were sorted and stored in sacks in these warehouses. I remember seeing a popular shellcraft store next to these warehouses so I'm assuming that this is their main office.

As for the hotel, yes I do prefer to stay in the closest one to the SM Mall since the tournament, that we're attending, is in one of the SM exhibition halls. We probably will only need the hotel for sleep and to wash up.

Thanks again,

EC Reyes

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel closest to SM Mall Cebu City?

Hello

Several years ago, I went with a friend to a warehouse where people were making bead products. He wanted to buy the beads for export. I seem to remember seeing shells too.

The place was opposite the old Eddies Log Cabin, situated on M.C Briones between the Cebu City Hall and the Fort San Pedro.

I hope this helps!

Regards: Jim

4. Re: Hotel closest to SM Mall Cebu City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 05, 2009