We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alegre Resort vs Mactan Resorts

Chicago
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Alegre Resort vs Mactan Resorts

My family (2 small kids) are planning to spend a short vacation in Cebu. We looking to stay in a nice secluded resort, just away from the bustling city life. I read about the ALegre Resort in Sogod and understand that the resort is quite a distance from the airport. I would like to solicit an opinion if its worth spending the time and if it's worth the money or I'll just simply settle at the Mactan resorts. I heard that resorts in Mactan are getting too expensive and crowded. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ross

CebuCafe
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Alegre Resort vs Mactan Resorts

My 2cents worth:

If you want a secluded quiet resort, go for Alegre or Pulchra.

If you want a tried-and-tested resort formula, go for the Shangri-La in Mactan. They're sure to take care of your kids and have activities for them, there's enough food variety available at the resort and IF you do decide to visit the city, it isn't too far off.

Or...

why not split the trip into a couple of nights at each place?

philippines
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alegre Resort vs Mactan Resorts

hi bailey!

could you please give me information on maribago blue water? planning a trip there sometime in december...

thanks!

Chicago
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Alegre Resort vs Mactan Resorts

Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry. Everyone are right in terms of distance and its rate, but its worth a trip. We (including my kids) loves the resort so much that we extended our stay for another night (5 nights). White sand beach, accomodating staff, excellent service, love the pool so much and one of the best room I've stayed in my years of travel. Only set back was the choice of food in the restaurant, selection was limited in our standard and a bit pricey (but understandable). Our five night stay was the most relaxing part of our vacation and if we plan to visit Philippines again, I will definetely fly straight to Cebu and spend a couple of nights in Alegre after a long travel. We also stayed in Plantation and Maribago in Mactan. Among the three resorts, I rank Alegre as #1, followed by Maribago and Plantation as #3. Plantation Bay is one the best resort I've been but I'm looking for a resort that are very welcoming and I failed to experience that in Plantation.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Alegre Resort vs Mactan Resorts

Yeah, resorts in Mactan Island are becoming expensive but it is quiet lower compared to the prices in Bali, in Thailand and the Carribean resorts.

Actually, the farther the resort from Cebu City, the lower the price.

Cebu is actually ideal for business travellers not for regular tourists that's why their prices are a bit expensive. Ideally for tourists, the best place to visit is Boracay Island in Aklan or Panglao Island in Bohol.

Thanks.

Marlet Badeo

marletbadeo@yahoo.com