We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Davao in February

Which Davao City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northam, Western...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Davao in February

I'm thinking about visiting Davao in February. What's the weather generally like then? Will durian be available then? My Davao friends all say I have to try it. Also reassure me about how safe Davao is for Westerners. Thanks.

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Davao in February

February is best time to be in the Philippines, there is less rain. I am not sure though if durian is available at that time but I think Davao has stocks of it. Davao is safe to westerners. Best time to travel to the biggest city in Mindanao.

CDO Guide

http://www.freewebs.com/cdoguide

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
708 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Davao in February

feb is a good time to come...not too hot and not much of a rainy season...unfortunately durian will not be in season by then...this year, it came late at around september and supply is almost over. but not to worry, u will still find durian in some areas but might be a little expensive compared to now...(i.e. it's Php25/kilo vs aobut Pho100+/kilo). u won't also have the durian parks where you can get to mingle with locals and see them literally devour durian :) good chance of getting durian will be at magsaysay park at around that time

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
708 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Davao in February

feb is a good time to come...not too hot and not much of a rainy season...unfortunately durian will not be in season by then...this year, it came late at around september and supply is almost over. but not to worry, u will still find durian in some areas but might be a little expensive compared to now...(i.e. it's Php25/kilo vs aobut Pho100+/kilo). u won't also have the durian parks where you can get to mingle with locals and see them literally devour durian :) good chance of getting durian will be at magsaysay park at around that time

4. Re: Davao in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 19, 2009