We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
551 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

Hi all - will be visiting Davao for a couple of nights. I have read through the reviews here in TA of both Park Inn Radisson and Marco Polo hotels. Both seem to have good reviews.

Would appreciate a more personal take on this - which in your opinion is the better hotel? Looking to rest for a couple of nights, so I would like to stay in the hotel with the better room, ambiance, gym, and pool...

Thanks in advance!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,498 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

I like Park Inn because its next to the mall with many places to eat and its newer. It was also less expensive when i was there.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,323 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

I've stayed at both Park Inn and Marco Polo and for me I prefer to stay again at Park Inn as I love newer hotels although I like more the swimming pool of Marco Polo.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

Thanks for the replies!

Does Park Inn have a budget (sort of box-y/concrete) feel to it? It seems to appear that way in the pictures - but maybe it looks better in person? Is it better than Marco Polo in terms of overall ambiance?

Edited: 12:58 am, November 15, 2013
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,498 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

both have same ambiance, but Park is newer and very near great places to eat and sit outisde etc. That tops Marco polo for me.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,498 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

by the way, the back upper floors you can see Samal Island and water....in the distance.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,323 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

<<<Does Park Inn have a budget (sort of box-y/concrete) feel to it? It seems to appear that way in the pictures - but maybe it looks better in person? Is it better than Marco Polo in terms of overall ambiance?>>>

-Yes, the ambiance is like that as it is a budget version of Radisson so the furniture and fixtures are minimalist.

Fort Myers...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

I have stayed in Marco Polo in 2007. At that time it was the best hotel in the city. Now, after 6 years, is Park Inn its best competition?

I'll be in Davao this December 2013, please advise if Park Inn better than Marco Polo.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,498 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

try to read,this has been answered.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

Hi all - thanks for the replies! I booked one night in Park Inn (to check it out), and one night in Waterfront (to relax by the seaside, even if I can't swim on the beach)... Will give a review in the hotel pages after my stay. =)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,498 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park Inn Radisson vs. Marco Polo - which hotel is better?

have fun..