We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tips to share for a budget friendly davao tour

9 posts
Save Topic
tips to share for a budget friendly davao tour

Hello everyone!

Can you help and share some tips and ideas for a tour in davao..

Its just a trip for two that is good for 3days/2nights

what places should we ought to go and see?

What are activities and food we must try?

Is it cheapee if we have a "do it yourself" tour or is doing a package toue would be the best option?

Your ideas would surely help.... tnx!

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tips to share for a budget friendly davao tour

google and you will find blogs on davao or search previous davao forums -have a look at samal island for day trip

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
76 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tips to share for a budget friendly davao tour

Hi!

3D/2N is a bit short of a time to spend in Davao, I think. Anyway, here are some places you can choose from:

1. Samal Island - plenty of small beaches. The most commonly visited is Paradise Beach. Going to Samal is a 15-20 minute banca ride from the Sasa wharf. Fare is pretty minimal. Personally though, I wouldn't recommend going to Samal for the beach if you've been to Boracay before. Samal beaches are ok, but they kind of pale in comparison with Boracay.

2. Philippine Eagle Center - you could take a cab going there. It's a bit pricey though, so if you want a more budget-friendly option, you could take the Calinan (I think) jeep that passes through there. There's an entrance fee, but I forget how much.

3. Eden - again, you could take a cab to come here. As for the jeep option, I'm not familiar with what jeep route passes here. There's a steep entrance fee to get in (inclusive of lunch and merienda buffet). If you don't want to pay the entrance fee, there's a free portion near the entrance of the park. The free portion is smaller and not as well-landscaped, but it's enjoyable enough.

4. Ma-a area - within the city, so you won't break the bank with transpo. The Gap Farm (no entrance fee, if I remember correctly), Crocodile Farm (PHP200 entrance, but well worth it), Butterly Park (free if you have tickets to Crocodile Farm) are all here. The entrance fee of the Crocodile Farm also includes a fire dancing show at dusk, which, in my opinion, is better than the fire dancing shows in Boracay.

Food - definitely durian. If your belly is up for it, also try other fruits like pomelo (grapefruit), mangosteen and marang. Barbecue food at Harana and Penong's are really good too.

Enjoy!

Edited: 10:57 pm, January 28, 2013
3. Re: tips to share for a budget friendly davao tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 30, 2014