We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip in a budget

Makati, Philippines
3 posts
Save Topic
trip in a budget

hi! we are four in a group and will visit Davao on October 28-31. we are kindda on a budget so we are looking for a very exciting vacation without spending that much..

can anyone help?? thanks a bunch!

General Santos...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip in a budget

so what kind of help do u actualy need? Please be specific.

Makati, Philippines
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trip in a budget

an affordable 3d 2n tour package will be helpful

General Santos...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip in a budget

tour companies in davao is virtualy unheard of if there are any, as visitors here opt to explore the city in their own. Although the city has a lot of travel agents which cater tours outside Davao or better yet outside Philippines.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,152 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip in a budget

For Davao package tours you have to ask any of the countless travel agents there in Makati. TripAdvisor members are not travel agents so we can't help you about package tours.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip in a budget

Check out Drifter's Apartel and British Pub. It is a great, small hotel in a downtown neighborhood. The service is impeccable and the prices are awesome for budget-minded travelers (around $30/night).

The food and beverages at the British Pub located in their basement are right up your alley if value is what you desire. They are centrally located near the water taxi to Samal Island and the nightlife downtown. The owners can pick you up and drop you off at the airport as well.

Drifter's has been around for a decade and they know Davao and can direct you to whatever you care to do.

Trip Advisor has inexplicably moved their listing from the "Hotel" section to "Specialty Lodging." Drifter's has a website you can google and contact them directly.

Have fun in this great Philippine city and Asian destination secret. Great fruits, fish and international flavor. Lots to do including beaches, hiking, Philippine Eagle Preserve, the bat colony on Samal, pristine Talikud Island. Try hitting the tuna market for some visuals of the great fishes. Eat durian til you cannot stuff anymore in!

Have fun!

Makati, Philippines
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: trip in a budget

@ Goodpace: thanks.. will try that..

General Santos...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip in a budget

$30 is expensive. There's a lot cheaper descent backpacker's hotel around the city. I usualy go to the very artistic flashpacker Ponce Suites near Victoria Plaza. Only P600 at that time. You can search it in google. They have a website.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip in a budget

try MY HOTEL downtown area..less than 20 USD...walking distances to places, then negotiate your own touring with local taxis. You do not need a tour agent..Do not stay out of the out of the way hotels such as Drifters.which by the way is a bit expensive for the area. Also, better to stay in a Filipino oriented hotel for a better Davao experience than a British Pub...where prices for food etc will be higher. My Hotel has great food and prices as well...free WiFi..Thanks..

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,152 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip in a budget

I will second the suggestion of My Hotel although you can still find hotels cheaper than that but I don't know their names.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip in a budget

Hi! It's easy to go around the city.

Here's what you can do:

First day in Davao- tripadora.com/2010/…

Ziplines- tripadora.com/2010/…

Island Hopping in Samal- tripadora.com/2010/…

Japanese Tunnel- http://tripadora.com/2010/06/japanesetunnel/

Enjoy!