We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Davao airport to Hof Gorei Resort

Which Davao City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
How to travel from Davao airport to Hof Gorei Resort

Hi, I'm planning to book 2 nights stay at Hof Gorei resort on Kaputian beach on Samal island, but I'm lost as to how to get there as I've never been to the place before.

My flight arrives at 4.35pm and the free ferry transfers offered by the hotel only runs at 11am and 2pm. Is it easy to just hail a taxi at the airport and ask the driver to take me straight to the resort? My flight leaves 2 days later at 8pm so I'm planning to leave the resort at around 5pm. Will there still be taxis and public ferries at that time?

It'll also be good if people could recommend me on any other resorts to stay at.

Thanks in advance.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,500 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Davao airport to Hof Gorei Resort

Call the resort as you have to arrange for a special trip boat. Hof Gorei is on another island so a taxi at the airport can't take you straight to the resort. Ask the taxi driver to bring you to Sta. Ana wharf and take the boat there to the resort.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel from Davao airport to Hof Gorei Resort

Hi there, the resort's private boat is php2700, there's no way I can afford that. Is there any public ferry services at sta. ana wharf? Someone recommended me to get a taxi to sasa wharf, take the ferry and get a tricycle to the resort. Can you let me know which way is quicker? Thanks heaps.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,500 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to travel from Davao airport to Hof Gorei Resort

Your friend is right. There are public ferry service at Sasa Wharf that will take you to Samal Island. Then from there you can take a tricycle or even multicab. I think that's your only option and will cost you less than 1,000 pesos from the airport.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,135 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to travel from Davao airport to Hof Gorei Resort

the ferry banka boat to Samal was cheap...cant recall how much..but around P50 I think....taxi from downtown to the sasa was around P100 or so, not sure about the airport..but this gives you an idea....

5. Re: How to travel from Davao airport to Hof Gorei Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 12, 2012