We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help please

perth
2 posts
Save Topic
help please

hi everyone, we are planning to go home in philippines in december and wants to visit samal island with my family and wants to rent a house for 3 nights with at-least 3-4 bedrooms.. can anyone giev any recommendations. it will be highly appreciated.. thanks :)

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help please

I don't know what your price range is but for say PH3800-PH4300 a night Chemas Beach resort is your place. Finely built Panasian brick & wood cottages built on the hills. The property is well appointed and has exceptional service with a attendant assigned to each cottage. A resort boat picks you up at the jetty at Waterfront Insular Hotel. The boat is also at your convienence when you wish to visit the city of Davao. Just grab a taxi at or to the Insular. Modern ammenities and luxury living at Chemas with there own private white sand beach and crystal blue water. They also have a infinty pool under the shade looking out at Davao. Other interesting places would be The Paradise beach resort which is a lot busier with people and activities. They aslo have a boat that picks you up or takes you back to Davao. I'm presently staying at Chemas till March 12th. Hope this helps.

perth
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help please

thank u so much that would be a great help. :) tc

Makati City
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: help please

When Filipinos talk about Samal Island, they only one resort/hotel in mind and that is Pearl Farm Beach Resort. Even if you google 'beach resort in davao' Pearl Farm has the highest results simply because it's the main tourist spot of Davao, Samal Island. Pearl Farm Beach Resort is what Samal Island known for!

www.philstar.com/Article.aspx…

To book at Pearl Farm Beach Resort, visit their website: http://www.pearlfarmresort.com

The contact numbers are in the website also. You may inquire for their existing promos. :)

Enjoy!

Makati City
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: help please

When Filipinos talk about Samal Island, they only have one resort/hotel in mind and that is Pearl Farm Beach Resort. Even if you google 'beach resort in davao' Pearl Farm has the highest results simply because it's the main tourist spot of Davao! :)

www.philstar.com/Article.aspx…

To book at Pearl Farm Beach Resort, visit their website: http://www.pearlfarmresort.com

The contact numbers are in the website also. You may inquire for their existing promos. :)

Enjoy!

Edited: 2:54 am, March 11, 2010
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help please

Well now there is more on Semal Island than Pearl Farm. I was there at Pearl Farm the room accomodations are a bit rustic. If you like that kind of thing then fine. Chemas by the sea offers first class accomodations on the island unmatched so far by any other. The cottages are world class construction. The grounds and beach area are kept immaculate. The owner himself will greet you and make sure your every need is met. Also if you are looking for privacy Chemas is that place. You can easily visit each location before you decide by renting a taxi to take you to each location which I had done.

Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help please

Depending on your budget, Pearl Farm is the best, although I have not tried Chemas, I have been to Paradise and Blue Jazz. I was very impressed with Pearl Farm and they have special cottages that cater to large families which I thought looked impressive. Also Pearl Farm's food I thought was first rate as well. If you are more on a budget Paradise would be my second choice and walk next door to Blue Jazz for their water slide. Still, I felt Pearl Farm was way above the 2 of them.

Davao
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: help please

hi you form Davao?

I am from Davao

It actually really depends on your budget,

Malipano Beach resort is the best place in Samal - a secluded island right accross pearl farm

next is the known pearl farm beach resort - there's a jetty in insular hotel

locals usually go to paradise island - jetty is somewhere in lanang area but I do not suggest you stay here. very crowded.

If you'd like a different taste, there's bali-bali resort

http://www.balibaliresort.com/

very nice place

Chemas by the sea is also a nice place . But there are a few mosquitoes at night, and believe me, they bite ( sorry graytwine)

there is a resort near Chemas by the sea, it is called bluewaters resort, there are good cottages ( airconditioned ) that you can pick from here. few people go here so you can enjoy the place.

There's also a new place called Maxima, its a little far but the facilities are great

other resorts in Samal island:

Punta Del Sol Beach Resort

Brgy Catagman

Peñaplata District

http://samal-island.com/delsol-info.html

Hof Gorei

Brgy Adecor

Kaputian District

http://samal-island.com/images/hof-gorei.gif

Blue Jaz Beach Resort and Water Park

Brgy Caliclic

Babak District

Alohamoana Resort

Babak District

Ana Marina

Brgy Balet

Babak District

Babusanta Beach Resort

Linusotan, Talicud

Kaptutian District

Budyong Beach Resort

Brgy Camudmud

Babak District

Buenavista Island Resort

Ligid Island

Brgy Balet

Babak District

Canibad Beach Resort

Brgy Aundanao

Peñaplata District

Chemas Garden Resort

Brgy Limao

Peñaplata District

Coco Beach Resort

Brgy Caliclic

Babak District

Coral Garden and Marine Park

Talicud Island

Kaputian District

Costa Marina Beach Resort

Brgy Limao

Peñaplata District

Dayang Beach Resort

Linusotan, Talicud

Kaputian District

El Magic Resort

Brgy Caliclic

Babak District

Fernandez Beach Resort

Peñaplata District

Hi-5 Inland Resort

Brgy San Agustin

Babak District

Holy Cross Beach Resort

Brgy Camudmud

Babak District

Ilihan Beach Resort

Brgy Camudmud

Babak District

Isla Cristina Beach Resort

Linusotan, Talicud

Kaputian District

Isla Reta Beach Resort

Sta Cruz, Talicud

Kaputian District

Island Hills Mountain Resort

Brgy San Antonio

Babak District

Isla Beach Resort

Brgy Caliclic

Babak District

Jim's Island Beach Club

Libud, Talicud

Kaputian District

Kaputian Beach Park

Poblacion

Kaputian District

La Vida Orchard Resort

Brgy Catagman

Peñaplata District

Mahan Garden Resort

Brgy Caliclic

Babak District

Marex Villarica Beach Resort

Tambo

Babak District

Mayumi Disney Sea

Brgy Catagman

Peñaplata District

Monina Garden Resort

Brgy Villarica

Babak District

Palm Hill Park and Resort

Brgy Caliclic

Babak District

Pacific Little Secret

Talicud Island

Kaputian District

Paradise Island Resort

Brgy Caliclic

Babak District

Pearl Farm Beach Resort

Brgy Adecor

Kaputian District

RMPC XI Resort and Training Center

Brgy Camudmud

Babak District

8. Re: help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 17, 2010