We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Regency --Value for money BUT Not Recommended

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Crown Regency --Value for money BUT Not Recommended

For the room rate (USD 50 all inclusive booked through agoda.com in March) I paid, the hotel is Value for money. But, I can not recommend in particular if you are travelling with partners and kids as there is a Motel (Red Light area type) being steps away. My executive suite in Hotel was facing swimming pool. Upper floor bedroom of about 40 square meters, Lower floor (same size) was for common area, kitchen, and guest toilet. However, there is no separation wall between the Motel and Crown regency. It was very embarassing to ladies and gents who do or do not intend to visit Red Light area... On the way back to the hotels, numerous pink light bulbs lead the way for almost 50 meters. Just one step behind the rstaurant is the Motel located.I enquired the front desk whether the hotel is part of the red light area, I was confirmed and was told that the hotel and Motel are business of same owner. I observed that Guests from different enterprises ie Hotel and Motel used different entrance but in seconds meet together in the restaurant for meals.In room,I saw cockroach. I was telephone-called times in the evening before bed time (guess the content of conversation)...On the other hand, if one does not mind, the suite price is truly attractive to anybody.

1. Re: Crown Regency --Value for money BUT Not Recommended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 23, 2009